FOR YOU LIKE THE SUN

FOR YOU LIKE THE SUN

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

I want to be for you like the sun on winter’s snow...

"

I want to be for you like the sun on winter’s snow... melting you... transforming you into raging rivers... torrents of spring’s song... a wild fury of crystalline light in trembling, tumbling energy... awakened and unleashed to wonder's land... for you are anything but commonplace... a liquid lit desire only sleeping... when I see the world illumined in your eyes... I burn as the fires of a thousand daybreaks... shattering the powerless fragrance of night within... gaze at me now... let me become for you like the sun... 


© 2014 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"A wild fury of crystalline light in trembling, tumbling energy" "I burn as the fires of a thousand daybreaks" this is incredible I enjoyed it very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

I so appreciate you, krystle! Take care in this new week. :)
So romantic...

"I burn as the fires of a thousand daybreaks...
shattering the powerless fragrance of night within...
gaze at me now... let me become for you like the sun..."

Just love this piece. Excellent!



Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Dhaye, I deeply appreciate you stopping to read my poetry. Have a beautiful new week! :)
' I burn as the fire of a thousand daybreaks..'

When it comes to true love and desire, you write beautifully, dear friend of yore. Just realised that this reminds me ancient writings, or more recently, Neruda. Camt's say better than that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Ah, you know my weakness I see... Yes... Neruda is my all time favorite. Just the mention by you mak.. read more
This is lovely. I like the way the last line and the first are the same, tying it all together.

A poet named James Metcalfe used to write in this form. He published a poem in the paper everyday, and eventually put them in a book. Your poem reminded e so of his work, that I had to go look in my bookcase to make sure he was still there.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Marie, thank you so much for your words, and your beautiful reflection. I hope you found James waiti.. read more
Wow that opening line is such beautiful sentiment, a great start to an inspiring poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stopping on over, my good friend!
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome sir.
So your that man...the man in the moon.....

Posted 9 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

9 Years Ago

I apologize for my delay in giving you thanks, dear poet... I was cleaning up the dark side of my mo.. read more
Gypsy Warrior Queen

9 Years Ago

not need the pleasure in wonderland excuses your absence:)

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1217 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 21, 2014
Last Updated on November 21, 2014

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil