In the desperate hour

In the desperate hour

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

From: An Owl on the Moon – September continues...

"



“Sarah, how your dreams devour you without mercy under the cover of night. Let us flee this place before Morpheus overtakes you.”

     At this we ride the waves back to shore.

     We walk on the sand, and she stumbles in her weariness. I lift her in my arms and speak.

 

“In the desperate hour,

when hope is cloaked in shadowed substance,

I walk and wait

and listen for life,

breathing the fragile, frosted air of mortal lungs.

And piercing the fated fabric

of misery unvoiced,

I survey eternal treasure

in the sea,

the sand,

each drifting, clouded sky.

I view those sacred glories in the quiet of your eyes.”

 

     Sarah lifts her eyes toward mine and gently whispers, “O my dearest friend, I am caught in the human maelstrom. The spiraling whirlpool has entwined my life, and is even now swallowing my frame. Have you any hope for me? Can you hear that suffocating silence?”

     “I will ever search for our hope as long as I stride this earth. I would stand in the flames of hell’s fury for a true friend. And I have no friend so dear as you.”

     With this, the ocean stirs in a soft, silent stillness.


© 2018 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
From: An Owl on the Moon – September continues…

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

“I will ever search for our hope as long as I stride this earth. I would stand in the flames of hell’s fury for a true friend. And I have no friend so dear as you.”
With this, the ocean stirs in a soft, silent stillness.

I think all of us kinda has a will to look for a place in this earth, and if we would stand in the flames of hell to ask for forgiveness of the things that we do. We must walk through fire at times. I enjoyed this write, it's very prolific.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

I deeply appreciate you coming by, Brandie. May your new year bring such endless joys.
such a deep intriguing read here, I like this

Posted 5 Years Ago


'in the quiet of your eyes' - I love that. Not everyone is as apt in reading those silences but a true friend, indeed.
There's a certain beauty too in those ocean waves and how they call to us...
Lovely read. Your words, as always, are beautiful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Dear Yumna, I know you must have such a friend, one where the silences speak volumes, speak as music.. read more
Can you hear that suffocating silence?”

Mmmm and your words simply beautiful Craig.... love them.....
And how you bring the sensitive side of the Soul...the darkness the light the hope all in such few lines.... :)
Loved the feel of this chapter....like dipping toes into a dark pool yet to be able to feel the calm cool soothing feel of the water ...something like that ...

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

So thankful for your words, for your understanding of the story unfolding like dark waters rushing o.. read more
Ardra

5 Years Ago

Amen to that :)
Just how many allegories and metaphors on life can you craft with the ocean as the mis-en-scène? This is surreal and beautiful. The presence of the muse, Sarah in this case, and the ardour of her companion has left a sweet longing for the reader to know more about their journey together.

Beautiful.

Best,
M.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Smiling at your ocean question. I guess every sigh of me comes from the sea. How I so deeply appreci.. read more
θεά 

5 Years Ago

Well, it is an enduring leimotiv in your work. Hard to miss, harder not to appreciate.
For the love of another..without doubt, without need...without expectation...you bleed in soul of soul. I am spellbound in this wonderland...

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Thank you precious Queen. It will forever astound me the power of one soul to influence every breath.. read more
The realm they are in is exclusive only to them, and that's what makes this such a gripping read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Yes, you understand so well. Thank you, Kelly. This all came from a dark world that once lived insid.. read more
A spellbinding poem and vision held within this delightful absorbing read. Held your attention from beginning to end.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading, dear poet. May this day overflow with enchantments for you. :)
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Bless you sweetheart and like wise. hugs Dawn.
oooooooooooooooo great scene setting ..completely immersed in their conversations .. i like the poetic aside like poetry he speaks into her eyes ... not having read anything before i believe the world they are in ... it reminds me of "Lord of the Rings" somewhat .. well done Owl!
E.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Ah, always so good to have you by, my friend. Your thoughts are always so lifting. And Lord of the R.. read more
Einstein Noodle

5 Years Ago

:) ......................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 25, 2018
Last Updated on September 25, 2018

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..