Bump into.

Bump into.

A Story by Danni Jones

There was an unsettling cold in the morning, the honking of trains could be heard from outside the station. I had delayed my work for long, part of my unpunctual routine was due to my disinterest in my job and the other half was a decry to the authority which was programmed in me since my pastoral roots. I was boarding my 7 A.M. train, suddenly a boy  pushed me aside and hurried onto the train .I chose not to react as I'm  usually a placid guy in the morning. The coach was almost empty, I put my bag on the seat and sat, sinking  into morose, I had a bleak outlook of this world and since long I couldn't think why or why not I had it. The scenery in front of me kept changing, I kept gazing at it through the window while being distant, forecasting how the events of today would play out.

I had a job  long enough to have my table filled with marks and walls stained with blood .Maybe I never fully grasped the dynamics of my job, so I kept resenting it from within while only giving subtle hints to my comrades. I don't have many comrades though, cause my work allows  the unkempt presumably precious mortality of a conscious to be squandered for attaining  selfish goals for my bosses. While my lust for unbounded materialistic world  extinguishes any morality left in me. I never allow myself to be charged for my predicament, I prefer to take myself as a by-product of this society. Sometimes I also contemplated whether I was born only as a projection  of a man's other side of consciousness .

My stop was next, I pulled myself out of my thoughts and opened my bag. I put on a pair of black surgical gloves and took out my working equipment. I attached a missing part to its end and stood up. I started to make my way towards my assignment. Since our encounter this morning, I only  wished he hadn't bumped into me.    

© 2015 Danni Jones


Author's Note

Danni Jones
I would be happy if you guys share your thoughts about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on May 29, 2015
Last Updated on May 29, 2015

Author

Danni Jones
Danni Jones

About
A guy assuming he can cook good stories with cooking skills of Walter White. more..

Writing