"Silhouette enclosing dread"

"Silhouette enclosing dread"

A Story by Danni Jones

Sober and nonchalant I was ready to enter my cabin. Over a few times I revised my thoughts, each one seemed dreadful and sinister than the other. In the silhouette contained matter invisible to the innocent naked eye, something that could only be perceived by an impious soul.

Six or seven feet away was my gleeful little boy, playing and basking in glory for his soldier destroyed the spaceship while riding a dinosaur. The boy was dressed in round neck red t shirt his grandmother gave him.  The sizzling sounds engendered by his  grandmothers  repulsive meals were piercing loud. The aroma alone got me highs severe enough to forget the lows of morality  it brought out.

I remained silent, my son looked at me once, I could sense his expectation to get a rub or peck blossoming. I  didn't or maybe I couldn't, it was a long way ahead and I needn't pay heed always.

While climbing the wooden stairs my hands cracked the overhanging unfinished piece of furniture my husband believes to furnished, laying carelessly at the top of the stairs. My hands still hurt from the beating I got last night, the wounds are dull and arms and legs are patched with blue stains.

I opened the door, he was sitting on chair and smoking. A smirk formed proudly over his face but it would soon turn into macabre once he gets to know the reason what cracked his proud furniture.

© 2015 Danni Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pls somebody review it much appreciated

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on June 10, 2015

Author

Danni Jones
Danni Jones

About
A guy assuming he can cook good stories with cooking skills of Walter White. more..

Writing