~come to me~

~come to me~

A Poem by deadlife
"

i saw the contest for the ides of march, read the description and suddenly wrote this.

"



lo!

behold!

life can be in danger-

-The Danger-

oh..my friend

my dear

My Self

beware-
you could die
ides of march is marching towards you

run

dear

run

like Caesar

...oh..Caesar...

 

~my Caesar~

 

please
Come To Me

~cease ere~

...

come to me
before it's too late

come to me

in my grave

you'll be safe

 ~ you'll be safe ~

 


March 14, 2008
11:38 PM ~ Friday {IST}

© 2008 deadlife


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Clever poem, short lines and layout give great sense of urgency.

Well done

jen

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this poem, and I really liked the style. I felt a true sense of urgency, and I think this was achieved by your short statements in each line...some being only one word. This was well written, and I applaud you for being different with the formatting. Thank you for sharing your writing on the Cafe, and I look forward to reading more in the future.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is very different to what I normally read but it really seems to make you think. I enjoyed the intensity to the poem and then the calm. I enjoyed reading it great write. =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Why is it that when I review your poetry, I'm always tempted to begin with, "hrm..."? It must be because each of your pieces makes me think. I love this poem. You did something different with the formatting. Heck, you did something different. I like the voice in this poem. I also enjoyed the wordplay. Kudos on yet another splendid poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


It is different. I like it though. I am glad that the ides is almost over. Nothing too bad happened today for me.
Thanks for sharing.
Love All, Mejasha

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2008

Author

deadlife
deadlife

New Delhi, India



About
I was born. I live. I'll die. I know nothing. Where I came from? Where will I go? I'm ignorant of my existance. I'm uncertain of myself. No beliefs. No religion. No god. Know Go.. more..

Writing
I Believe I Believe

A Poem by deadlife



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spider! Spider!

A Poem by Tania Leigh