Fairydust

Fairydust

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 Fairydust makes the world glitter

with visions so sweet

you’d be a fool not to follow.

 

Pupils dilate allowing

the world to be brighter

then the sunniest day ever.

 

Everything you taste is heaven

and all you touch turns gold

as you’re wrapped in fur.

 

But some poisons have no flavor,

the gold could be painted on

and fur is the fashion of death.

 

So don’t abandon shelter

when the clouds roll in

and the storm is at hand

cause you might just find

it was just dust in the wind.

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'fairydust'
rock n roll cowboy,
As the saying goes "All the glitters is not gold.' Your point is well taken. To pay attention to what my pull us in the wrong direction. The consequences left to pay are real. Yes I can appreciate this poem. Living is a great treasure and must be treated so. With respect.
Blessings to you,
Kathy

Posted 3 Years Ago


There is something dark and sinister lurking in this poem, not sure what, but I really like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Awesome....Thought Provoking.....the fairy dust-turned dust in the wind.....makes me think deeply about life.
I absolutely love this...A great Read!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dust in the wind can certainly appear as fairydust - when the sun shines just right through the window - and a disappointment it would to make that discovery. The fairies do wonder if this is a commentary on themselves, however lol. They'll get over it though - they always do. I liked this a lot - was not expecting the turn this work took - but definitely intriguing.


*hugs*

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hahaha~ Great message! Funny how we can be fooled by dust in the wind. This really made me stop and think and I love it when a piece makes me think. Vice Nice Job!!!

A favorite!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I always believed in Faeries. Pixies. Brownies. You name it.
My Grandfather, Mother's side, came over from Ireland. He always left out a small wee bowl of milk on his step for the "little people". It was he who taught me to listen and if you're lucky, just lucky enough, you might hear the music sweeping away across the grass from a faery mound.
This is simply stunning. I love how you also pull in the idea of "poison" and "just dust in the wind".
The Fey were always tricky. People believe what they want and they know that.
This makes me smile.
Probably because I believe I will find a faery mound. ~grin~
It's the Irish in me, what can I say? :-P

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great poem. But a question.... in the last line in the first tanza, did you mean to say "fool" instead of "full" or are you using "full" metaphorically? Just wondering. otherwise i love the poem. Going to add it to my favorites now.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really nice, and oh so true. Awesome write..... as I am now coming to expect from you. :) No pressure..lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i always love when you allow your words to speak so strongly as hey leap from the page and paint such vivid scene in my mind's eye. The depth in which you dwell and pull your emotional visions is something I love to read. You are always such a pleasure to read and allow to take my thoughts to places deep with inside my own self.


Great Job!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

good play on words!
" Fairydust makes the world glitter...it was just dust in the wind"



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 19, 2008
Last Updated on March 19, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing