Keeper Of The Ravens

Keeper Of The Ravens

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

She soulfully walks… alone,

Where even the shadows are afraid to dwell.

Slipping through the leafless trees

Her eloquent beauty whispering… inspiration

To those who see the true heart in the dry bark.

Keeper of the ravens… needing no cage,

Her dark charms are the key to letting them fly…

Free to those in need of the gift of afterlife

So they can rebirth into new skin…

Skin that will bring peace without changing

Their reflection; allowing them to see

Why the light she hides from needs them.

 

Never seen by those with pale stares;

Feared by those with sun baked skin…

She is the freedom of humanity.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a fantastic picture!

This is so myth-like it almost drips with age! Love the way you've created this wonderful creature who lives to bring light, who turns death into life by merely being 'there' in the pitch black of whatever-is.

'Skin that will bring peace without changing Their reflection; allowing them to see Why the light she hides from needs them.' - great imagination and sensitivity.



An incredible post, Dale... in my mind, one of your best, if not the best.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sounds to me like a woman who hides in the dark in order to help souls into the light?? A very mysterious write, gives the reader alot to think about.
Her dark charms are the key to letting them fly....I love this line.
The picture is bad a*s!!! A great choice for the title as well! My brain doesnt come up with this type of poetry at all but I love reading it! Kudos!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I really liked this poem. It gives such an eerie and otherworld atmosphere. Great job in creating a feel and a mental picture for the reader. The first line "She soulfully walks... alone" is truly an attention grabber. Definitely a two thumbs up on this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such a sweeping, powerful epoch, perfectly melding your words and this image. You breathe life into this story that gives it a feeling of ancient depth and vivid reality. Excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hi cowboy, your poem is very good. I am excited to get to know your style as I continue aquainting myself with your work. Thank you for your review earlier, it was bright and made me smile...t.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I for one am glad you have decided to take out the fake tan bit. I think it would have taken away from the fantasy part of the piece. I am wondering if you wrote the poem before you saw the picture, or wrote it after with the picture as inspiration? What ever the combination, the outcome is magnificent.

To those who see the true heart in the dry bark.

This is my favorite line. I can see the grain of the trees skin, and the feathers in her hair. Excellent imagery and I like the way you have given the woman the responsibility of guiding the souls.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! Dale I am impressed! This write and the pic are dark and forboding yet intriguing. You outdid yourself with this one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I didn't get the spray on tan part, but other than that I really liked it. Very haunting. That picture is amazing!! Your inspiration?

Posted 14 Years Ago


beautiful. so dark, so vivid, it is such a strong piece. i love the idea of this woman awaiting lost souls, helping them find light. a gorgeous write & a beautiful image.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The spray on tan line is hilarious - really stands out amongst the ravenous, dark and sultry poem itself. Thanks for sharing this. Quite a splendor. I like that lightheartedness amongst the deep, emotional pull of the rest of the work.
Light and Love,
Siddartha


Posted 14 Years Ago


You shine here Dale, a beautiful ode to natural beauty and a blatant truth to the image conscious. I like your phrasing and use of adjectives..."where even the shadows are afraid to dwell" places a wonderful image in your readers mind. A reminder that freedom is only a prudent judgment away from reality.
Thank you for a terrific read :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2792 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2009
Last Updated on October 12, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..