Keeper Of The Ravens

Keeper Of The Ravens

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

She soulfully walks… alone,

Where even the shadows are afraid to dwell.

Slipping through the leafless trees

Her eloquent beauty whispering… inspiration

To those who see the true heart in the dry bark.

Keeper of the ravens… needing no cage,

Her dark charms are the key to letting them fly…

Free to those in need of the gift of afterlife

So they can rebirth into new skin…

Skin that will bring peace without changing

Their reflection; allowing them to see

Why the light she hides from needs them.

 

Never seen by those with pale stares;

Feared by those with sun baked skin…

She is the freedom of humanity.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a fantastic picture!

This is so myth-like it almost drips with age! Love the way you've created this wonderful creature who lives to bring light, who turns death into life by merely being 'there' in the pitch black of whatever-is.

'Skin that will bring peace without changing Their reflection; allowing them to see Why the light she hides from needs them.' - great imagination and sensitivity.



An incredible post, Dale... in my mind, one of your best, if not the best.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Magnificent, Dale. Absolutely! The raven needs this right now, for sure. A Wonderful piece. Good friends are what those in the darkness of life's shadow need. You are one of friends, without a doubt. Your pen illustrates this quite well in this piece. My hat is off, as I bow down to you, sir. Many applauds, as I stand before you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh how hauntingly exquisite - the picture is perfect, and your words just flow with dark imagery to match the mood of the image.

Very nice Rock&Roll Cowboy....just perfect!...I love the line

feared by those with spray on tans - clever!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You did a magnificent writing with this one. A work of art that speaks to the reader, gives one pause to think. In her beauty she is one to be feared, but in darkness she is trapped, a provider of strength and hope of an afterlife. She is not afraid to walk among the dead on barren and forlorn landscape. This is her world and she is its ruler. She commands the respect of the darkness as she gives to it. Those that need the life to sustain life cannot live in her world. She is of the dark world and has no need of the vanities of the light world. The souls of the light world are in darkness seeking the truth and she already knows the answers. Whatever your true meaning, this is a stunning work and shows the skill and thought you put into your writing. The poetic work and picture compliment each other in great depth. As if the picture was created and lay waiting for you to write its story. Great work Poet Extraodinaire!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very nice,, the story/poem and the picture
were a perfect match..

Never seen by those with pale stares;
Feared by those with spray on tans�
She is the freedom of humanity.

wickedly beautiful..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ooooooooooh I like the picture! And her dress hmm I want a dress like that. Oh yes review of the poem not the picture, love the poem Dale, it was sexy, it was dark, it was magnificent. (now let's hope that a certain birdie on here doesn't accuse you of plagiarism)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nicely done. I like the flow of this and the imagery. Very nice and dark...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, the first to review.. This is an awesome write. I love the title and the picture is incredible. This is a really breathtaking write.
Never seen by those with pale stares;
Feared by those with spray on tans�
She is the freedom of humanity."

Wonderful closing... Nicely done Dale.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Haunting imagry and deep thoughts indeed.
So much to absorb, full of mystery and makes me wonder about her.
I'll have to think on this one a bit...
A wonderful piece, love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2792 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2009
Last Updated on October 12, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..