A Season Of New Beginnings

A Season Of New Beginnings

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Inspire by someone talking bout how Autumn turning so quickly. I love this season. The picture was taken by me.

"

 

In the blink of an eye

Green turns to gold

Showering the Earth

With riches

Money can’t buy.

The landscape

Becomes a portrait

Even Ansel Adams

Couldn’t design.

Sun soaked skin

Finds natural relief

From natures cool breath

Like a burning soul

Finding its mate

Written in the stars.

It’s this change of season

That says starting over

Is okay after falling.

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The picture is striking, and your words certainly do capture the lovely aspects of fall. Your descriptions make me want to head for a mug of apple cider and piece of pumkin pie!
And, oh how fitting are the last lines in which you remind us that there is hope after defeat!
A wonderful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love autumn, never mind it's the end of summer, the start to winter, it is the most beautiful of seasons .. it's a rich, drifting time when leaves dance and creatures scurry .. it's not dying, it's changing, one foot in the past and another in the future. And your picture and your words say as much .. which I love.

' It’s this change of season
That says starting over
Is okay after falling.'

So true - in all senses.


Posted 13 Years Ago


I am in awe of how you described the changing for the seasons in this poem. I am always sad to see summer come to an end but where I live the winters are cold and snowy. I big yuck for me. lol This poem flows smoothly and the content is perfect for this time of year.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful peom and brilliantly written, I love this one!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The poem is outstanding. Fall is my favorite. Cool nights for sleeping and watching the strength of nature allowing the green earth to rest to be able to rebirth again. Your description took me to a forest turning into the art. A beautiful description of Fall. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
a rich tapestry of words and colours...beautifully written

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love it; the end especially was a refreshing write on Autumn. Great use of language. :)
My only problem with it was the rhythm. Towards the beginning it's a bit choppy, and then smooths out towards the end. Other than that, great piece. :)

-Coral-

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Incredibly evocative, especially paired with your beautiful photograph. The last lines especially were inspiring, as I really don't like this season (but like the colors)... because of what comes next ...at least in Pennsylvania. ;-) But you seem to be saying here, it's part of it all.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes, who doesn't spend most of their time getting up, again

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this. Every word is full of images.

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1142 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing