Poet's Lament

Poet's Lament

A Poem by Denise
"

I'm sure someone here will appreciate this

"
Brain blocked
Mind empty
So many words
Floating at finger tips
Eloquent, Apollo, Harmonious
No meaning
Wanting to spew forth like a geyser
Words of wisdom
Thoughts provoked
Nothing

I feel empty
But I am not
Forsaken, Insignificant, Lackluster
Words devoid of character
No painter to the paint them
Canvas streaked in
Black and white
The lament of the poet.

Where doth draw inspiration
Heaven above
Broken hearts
Puppy love
Possibilities endless
Possibilities end at fingertips
The pen suspended
Paper awaiting ink
Nothing

© 2011 Denise


Author's Note

Denise
The only thing I can think to write frustrated with writers block! Not good I'm sure, but maybe someone will understand...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Totally understand, some of are best work come out when we go through that faze and this one no exception. Great job, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmm...let me see if I got this straight. You have writer's block, so you write this incredible poem saying you can't write. Have I got that right? I'm so confused. Ummm, well done?

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

possibilities travel through the fingertips to the paper, let it flow!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I find the best way to combat writers block is to convince myself i can use the extra time to do things that *need* to be done... it generally comes back pretty quick that way... there's a lot of unfinished jobs around here as proof!!!

I like the repeated use of 'Nothing' at the end of the first and last stanza... it has a very true echo to it... in the context of writers block.

Posted 13 Years Ago


And even in your state of astute emptiness you come up with something that speaks volumes to a writer's ears... This is a nice write about not being able to write, and I can relate to it sure...

Fine Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


the muse works in mysterious ways ~ and the feeling completely understood ~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Choppy and jittery...just like the feeling when you get writers block.
You feel it "not good" , ok, but it is good, because your readers do understand, especially those that have suffered from the dreaded "block"



Posted 13 Years Ago


I have writers block right now but I force myself to write until my Muse recovers enough to grace me with her presence once again, until then, it is up to my mind to conspire the words into something worth reading. I think by this poem your writers block should be gone, very great word play and pros all dancing but placed perfectly together. Excellent write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 2, 2011

Author

Denise
Denise

Williamsport, PA



About
I'm still quite new to the writing world other than the fact I enjoyed and excelled at English through my years of school and college. I mostly just write poetry because of my scattered mind and deep .. more..

Writing
Deprived Deprived

A Poem by Denise


Saving Grace Saving Grace

A Poem by Denise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..