a poet's unmarked grave

a poet's unmarked grave

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

a poet's unmarked grave

 

 

aftermath of you

residue incognito

anonymous ash

 

 

 

erin-cilberto

4/12/18

© 2018 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes, I would like to think of my self as a dust... but not an "anonymous" ash maybe a famous one :)

a real poet lives after death, with an "unmarked" grave, because it shouldn't be locked in one place, it must be free, belongs to no place or time, but to everyone everywhere and in every time.

Reading Your words I imagine a poet who passes away over the books, they become one, as his spirit disappears and fades with the book dust, bonding as one "dust".


Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

i really like your insights, Light...thank you for your review.
j.
Our words will live on long after we are gone....or so we hope. So many words written by that "Anonymous" guy...or gal....sometimes I wonder just who that was. A lot said in so few words. Lydi**

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

i often see poems in things...and they are simply signed anonymous...even if the poet isn't remember.. read more
Lydia Shutter

6 Years Ago

Absolutely, you are right!
Wonderful word choice. The words and imagery lingered a long while after reading. Well done Jacob. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, but it is what is left in the mourner's heart that matters.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Christine.
j.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
For me this poem is too materialistic. So many great poets living in our hearts and souls without to really die in spiritual meaning. Some of the great poets became on live after death William Blake for example. I wonder how many poets are really on live here. Czech poet and novelist Jan Zabrana one time said. Those who was death during they life time what will be proof about they living when they are death.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for the read and review, Jan.
j.
You're a clever man Jacob. (and you did this in only eleven words... you get extra credit)

This reminds me of bong resin among other things. Not in a bad way. (that was only surface stuff)

What influences us all is mostly the intellect of dead people. Idealized and manicured to fit the times and/or our preference in the moment. Very, very few of us are truly original.

Unfortunately this also (non surface stuff) reminds me of what I know about world war 1 and how the dead were buried mostly in piles on the battlefield, barely marked and largely forgotten in the trenches. And then naturally, comes ww2 and the holocaust, zyklon b and the unmitigated genocide of anything jewish, gypsy or otherwise non compliant. They were "buried" in a similar way.

Sadly, fascism is making a come back. Just disguised as something else... a kind of social justice genocide.

(apologies for being long winded)


Besides all the bullshit I wrote above, I'm probably just projecting my thoughts on the banality of evil.

It takes a bit of intellectual talent to arouse all the above notions from just eleven words. Even if I was way off, good writing is good writing no matter how idiotic I happen to be tonight.







Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for sharing your thoughts, John...
j.
dust to dust; we rise , we live and turn back to dust... it's what we leave behind in other people that is remembered once the dust has gone.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Stella
j.
Oh good Gods...this is stunning! I am lost and found somehow in the imagery and have read this 3 times so far...superb Jacob, you literally leave no room for anymore precision...you wield a brilliantly fluid pen...

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your very kind review, Poppy.
j.
But ever so present - just wonderful🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you, Kelly...
j.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

My pleasure🌹
perfect.... then gone... tis writ and tis writ well jacob....

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you, Neville.
j.
Neville

6 Years Ago

pleasure.....N
dear Jacob... Birds will drop seeds by the grave of a poet... remembering the rhymes of beauty bestowed and flowers will grow and return each year to create a garden of heavenly colors. truly, Pat p.s. I posted a poem for Lydia’s birthday entitled “Windmills of our heart”. She would love to read your review.

Posted 6 Years Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

6 Years Ago

thank you for your words, Pat...and i will check out your poem for Lydi.
Patricia Wedel

6 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob... bless you ever so much...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

825 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 15, 2018
Last Updated on April 15, 2018

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BELIEVE BELIEVE

A Poem by Chris Shaw