Dark Metamorphosis

Dark Metamorphosis

A Poem by Filibustero Ibarra
"

I wrote this poem about how I was transformed once by some dark moments in my life. I filled with a rabid desire to destroy and to harm. But within me, I still felt light...

"

Desolation. As if there was never light.


My mind has eroded into a black hole,


Pulling all my hopeful thoughts into void.


There is destruction. There is total ruin.


And I fell to the anarchy of the flesh.


The desires I used to subdue in my sanity,


Are now creeping out from their burrows,


To install a new order of hell and darkness.


The fumes from the debris of my heart,


Are breathed by my half-dead soul:


My veins are awakened by fresh venom,


And my blood has become dark and cold.


A dead heart is replaced by a living engine,


Powered by all my sufferings and hatred.


I become a machine. Indestructible. Invictus.


With only one purpose - pure vengeance,


Against those who injected within me,


So much pain, so much anger and wrath;


All now made bearable by my new form.

 

To you, whom I trusted in my humanity,


Before I am consumed totally by my new self,


I leave you my last human words, “Friend,


There is hope in me, still..”

© 2011 Filibustero Ibarra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing. This poem honestly captures how I felt when dealing with my anger. The fact that your anger can distort you and make you nearly unrecognizable even to yourself. The last line really resonates with you because of the almost pleading tone of the speaker. Fantastic job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


WOW!! Lots of hate filled rage there. I got a chill reading that last line. Like your pupils had dialated and filled your eyes entire iris black..this anger was so strong toward others. (I may be off though) Your need to get vengence is quite the powerful force here...stunned speechless for a moment (ironic since I'm female and all..gift of gab) just wow!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's a march of dreary negativity. Effective. I felt heavy and depressed reading this poem. I think that was the intent. The ending was unexpected. Interesting. :-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very intense emotion. Great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is full of intensity. And I love the last two lines of your work. You did a great job! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the title of this, it's a very satisfying read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great description in this poem. Your powerful statements led reader to feel the anger and the misery.
"Powered by all my sufferings and hatred.
I become a machine. Indestructible. Invictus.
With only one purpose - pure vengeance, "
I like the ending. A little hope left in the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great work... I loved the last few lines, especially. I can definitely relate to "Pure vengence against those who injected within me, so much pain, so much anger, so much wrath." I came from a bad childhood, and I felt that way for many years. But to still be able to recognize at least a small glimmer of hope at the end is great. Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very dark and powerful. But I loved how you ended this poem. It's as if you really want this vengeance but at the same time there's still a part of you that hopes that this transformation will stop. Sounds like an internal battle between bad and good. How you played with words was also brilliant. Very great write! I hope that the little bit of light within you shone through the darkness, and that you don't have these dark thoughts now. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very good write here. i completely understand the dark thoughts portrayed here. it very truly pulls on the soul of those who have been afflicted. keep up the good work

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1444 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 27, 2011
Last Updated on December 27, 2011
Tags: darkness, ruin, destruction, machine, monster, transformation, wrath, anger

Author

Filibustero Ibarra
Filibustero Ibarra

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm 15 years old, living in Manila. I love writing poems, short stories, essays, and news articles, and speaking in formal rhetoric. I've been the editor-in-chief of my school's official organ for two.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..