Without me, below.

Without me, below.

A Poem by Jason

...the ledge held my weight, my fate. The city looked so peaceful from the 45th floor. Wind rocked me and tested my will as I see birds accomplish what I wish not to (at least not now)...I used to wonder when I was a child, that if I stood tall enough on my tippy-toes I could touch the clouds; maybe even sit on the cotton cushion fluffs and dream as the rest of the world continued on without me, below.

© 2008 Jason


Author's Note

Jason
Just some fictional writings, not true to the sense.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was so gorgeous and so emotive. So real too, it's interesting that you say it was complete fiction! Because I believed your words completely- some people are terrible at writing fictional grief... you've got a gift.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pj
Loved it. To be alone, to think, to reflect through past memories and hopes...you portrayed this wonderfully. There was so much happening and yet not much at all happening- wonderful to see the mind exploring self and the physical remaining just as a tool.
A fantastic write

Posted 15 Years Ago


I feel as if i was there with you! Feeling free from all eles. Your a brilliant writer and very creative with your style.

Much love n respect,
Anna

Posted 15 Years Ago


In New York you literally have all of the world at your feet with all of the High rises...I love how you brought in your childhood thoughts of thinking you could touch the clouds. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to open the windows of a plane and do that?

My dad jumped off his roof when he was a young teenage thinking he could fly and ended up going through the roof of his mother's car and breaking his arm. Could have been so much worse...There would be literally nothing left of someone from the 45th floor. For some reason, this made me think of the towers and all of the poor people that did feel forced to jump. Glad this is fiction!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about: watching someone crazy in here want to comitt suicide. Hold up ... hold up, let me first go get me some popcorn (this is better than watching a 3D movie).

Here, allow me to be your cheerleader: JUMP! JUMP, BOY, JUMP!!

Lovely story, though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a very well written write here, Can picture it all. This says so much in just a few short words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oooohhhh, this is good Jason! I love it! You know, I think it can be true, sometimes. If only you believe, in that moment you are taken away. For example, your clouds comment reminded me of something. A few weeks back, I was outside, leaned my head back and looked up at the sky. If I held myself very still, the clouds were even stiller yet, and if I reached out my arm in front of me, it was almost as though the clouds fit in my hand. It reminds me of that scene from the movie "Contact" when Jody Foster goes to her father's planet, and she can reach up and touch the sky in the span of her arm. That is such a poignant moment, and your poem reminded of that. For some reason this just struck a chord with me. Love it Jason!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Kara is right - you've got so much, a life span, written a so few lines. Ah, quality, not necessarily quantity, eh. You've got it. I can feel myself standing next to you on that ledge, wondering the same things, wishing on childhood dreams now ignored.

Great job - keeping it simple yet making a point.

Posted 15 Years Ago


liked the way you interwove the title and the line within the poem.... liked the shifting from present to child, as well. so short, but it sort of enveloped the life span in a couple sentences.

wish you would just jump, though :P

oh! i mean. glad this is fiction.

:)


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 29, 2008
Last Updated on June 18, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Excuses Excuses

A Poem by Lalli