Chapter 3: Enfer

Chapter 3: Enfer

A Chapter by Petal

Chapter 3: Enfer

I decided to lose the wheel chair, it was way too inconvenient for me. I needed to walk not wheel myself around. I had felt an unusually large power surging inside me and just couldn’t sit still. I’m still freaking out about it but my body refuses to calm down.

My body ached all over however it felt like there was an electrical surge of life rushing throughout me. I felt as if I was soaring in the wide night sky. I looked up to rain droplets hitting my face; it cooled off my wounds.

I stood in the rain for a few seconds longer when it started to sting all of a sudden.

The pain felt overbearing like knifes were being slowly crushed into my skin. I wanted to scream but no sound would come out. My knees gave way and I collapsed to the ground holding my head from splitting open. I hate this but I can’t move; the pain is just too much for me to handle.  

The last thing I remember is tiny footsteps sounding off through the puddles created by the demons falling from the sky.

All I see is black but there is a bright light coming from something. No, not the bright light you see when you’re about to die but it was like fire. I know I’m not moving really but I reach for the flame like spirit; before I touch it the illumination speaks, “Are you sure you want to do this, my child?”

Without thinking of what I was doing or saying I take a step closer to it, grab it, and say yes. The brightness engulfs me from my outside to my insides. The light is warm and I almost feel as if I’m not present anymore.

Then I awaken.

My eyes fluttered open and there stood a young girl wearing a periwinkle dress that looked of pure satin.

“Miss”, she says in a sugary voice, “Why are your eyes orange?” I look at her, perplexed as to why this child thinks that my eyes are orange.

“My eyes are not orange, last time I checked in the mirror they were blue.”

“No they are orange.” The adolescent girl then proceeded to run down a very long hallway. This is very strange; where am I anyways?

“Why, my child, you are in my domain.”

What the f**k?

“Please don’t swear. This may be your mind but please be polite to your guests.”

Who is saying that?

“Hello. It’s finally nice to meet you, my child. I have been trying to contact you for the longest time but your body was just so weak that I had to wait for you to become stronger.”

I looked in back of me toward a very large staircase. On top of it was a women dressed in flames; she had orange hair that stood like fire with flames around it like a headband. Her dress was a vibrant red and yellow with tiny diamond studs around her body that made her glisten. The oddest thing of her was the way that her skin had darker orange as her outline and faded into a very light orange.

“Who are you? Why did you bring me here? Where am I?”

“So many questions, my child. I will be your mentor from now until you learn to master the power that you have obtained. My name is Enfer who comes from a long line of Fire Guardians however that is a story for later. Right now you seem very weak; you must eat and drink to build up your strength.”

“Enfer, why am I here? I don’t understand, I have nothing to do with these ‘Fire Guardians’ or whatever they are.”

“Oh believe me my child; you have a lot to do with the Fire Guardians. I will explain everything to you along the way, while you train. You have just awoken from a deep slumber so we need you to bring up your power.”

This makes no sense but Enfer is right, I’m not even strong enough to keep arguing with her. Her radiance is over whelming though; it catches my attention just enough to keep me awake for the time being.

“Wait, what happened to the young girl?”

Enfer looks at me and smiles, “That little girl is one of many others. Her name is Rantan; she helps me around here but also had the decency to look after you while you were unconscious.”

I just stared at the hall way Rantan had run down just a while ago, she still hasn’t returned.

“Oh, good.” I look over to Enfer, a puzzled look lay on my face. “I didn’t notice before but you are already beginning your transformation. I’m glad that you are going to be a fast learner.”

Her voice seems to be excited about everything but it is also incredibly soothing. Enfer leaves the room her flames trailing behind her. I don’t know why I’m not more shocked about this like most people would be but I’m still not fully processing the whole situation. My brain is only receiving the exquisiteness that is around me at this moment.

I feel my eyes getting heavy again but this time in peace instead of pain. Then an aroma strikes my nose; it smells of sweet bread and roses. It tickles my nose and I felt the flakey pastry hit my mouth; my eyes snapped open to Rantan hitting my lips with the piece of sweet bread.

I slowly opened my dry mouth to the food that was offered and bit into it. The flavor intoxicated my senses with the sweetness that was imbedded inside of the dough. Saliva covered my mouth as I continued chewing the bread which helped my mouth become less dehydrated.

“Miss, do you enjoy the sweet bread?”

I nod my head, too tired to speak.

“Well, my child, you should start getting up so we can initiate your training.”

I looked at her as if she was crazy until a burst of energy surged through me and I bounded off of the bed I had been laying on. I landed on my feet as Enfer cackled in amusement at my actions.

“Alright child, while you are still so energetic, we should go out to the back garden. There we shall begin phase one of your training. While we train I shall describe to you just what the Fire Guardians are.”



© 2012 Petal


Author's Note

Petal
Short chapter (word count: 1,083)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great great so far. can't wait to read more

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: Phoenix, fire, fantasy, book, Phoebe, flames


Author

Petal
Petal

Atlantica, MA



About
Hello, I’ve had this account for a long time but haven’t used it for a while. I think since high school. But recently I’ve been wanting to write again and have been working on a boo.. more..

Writing