A second chance

A second chance

A Story by Hiraeth
"

random stuff.

"
I once knew two people who shared "forever" in the time where forever is nothing but a word.
They met at a time where they least expected it; a time where relationships are superficial and you can have some love in exchange of money.
True love blossomed and was nurtured between them.
It was a love between the naive photographer and the absurd writer.

When morning comes, may it be a sunny day or a rainy weather, they would both go out and seek subjects to be captured on film.
The photographer would capture still and moving images, while the writer would be there holding her camera bag making himself busy with love in his every breath and admiration in his eyes.

After a day full of adventure and misadventures, they would go back home and talk about their shared day on  the table while having dinner.
It was always like this.

At night, where everything is dark and the only sound that can be heard is the sound of the wind and the photographer's giggles, the writer would unleash his masterpiece.
He would be there on their bed, holding her while typing out the words that can fathom how much he loves the woman in his arms, how much she made him enjoy life more, how much she made sense of his existence, how much she made him a better version of himself and how much she changed his view on having someone with him in the future.

They lived an adventure-filled life.
Where climbing mountains or swimming through high tides is the same as grocery shopping.
Even the smallest thing is an adventure when they are together.
At least that is what the writer thought.

After a few years of being madly in love, they started drifting apart.
The grocery shopping does not feel like an adventure anymore, it has become a routine.
The love they had for each other started losing fuel and it gives off less and lesser light.
But that does not mean anything, the writer would always say.

Time passed and they would often argue.
Who has the better art? Who would make their audience fall in love more?
Is it photographs or is it writing?
They would often argue, tell damaging words that leave wounds on their hearts and let their fight continue as they sleep it off.
They lost sense of why they were together in the first place.
Their forever was enclosed in a span of 7 years.
They decided to end their relationship with a tragic note:
It is the photographer falling in love with a person who has the same passion as hers.

It broke the writer's heart; numbed him down to his core, but he knew he has to move on and continue living without his true love.
After some time, a lot of beer bottles and crying, the writer learned to feel again.
He started seeing other people again, he was becoming himself again.
He dated people with the same passion as his.
He dated writers, poets, and musicians but he can never have anything serious going on.

He realized that he doesn't need another person to complete him and continued living his life.

Years later, the writer saw her again at their favorite bookstore which sells films and historical writings.
It has felt like a decade before he stepped foot on this place, but he chose the right time.
The photographer was beautiful as ever, still wearing that dress he used to love. She looks the same as the last time he saw her happy in his arms.

He gave her a wave.
She gave him a smile.

-And that moment he knew why he can never make it with someone else.

It is because of the exact same woman who took his heart with her.
And finally, she is here to return it back and give them a second chance at love.


From then on, they understood that photographs and writings belong together.
The photographer takes the good photos and the writer gives it meaning with a caption.
They now understood how much they can't live without each other.

They now believe in second chances.

© 2017 Hiraeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
oh this is so beautiful
so raw


Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: love, secondChance, breakUp, lonely, alone, writer, photographer, photo, story

Author

Hiraeth
Hiraeth

About
Always in search for a good horror movie, Or poems, Short stories Novels Anything that can make the heart skip a beat. more..

Writing