~Period.

~Period.

A Poem by Frieda P

Last time I saw you, you were zoetic
we take life's every day nuances for granted
you dug us both a grave with your last breath
memories keep you alive in your absence
your face only visible within a photograph
there is no sense of touch or grasp of poetry
a period           at the end of your sentence
halted dead in its last tearful stanza
all musical tracks mute by eradication


© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The loss of someone you love is hard to deal with. This is such a powerful write. Although they are gone, and we're in pain we still relive those memories, we still have all those amazing memories that we can look back on. I loved the title. This whole write was absolutely amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sorry I missed this lovely review Sye, much appreciated my friend.



Reviews

"You dug us both a grave with your last breath..." Truer words were never written. Two and one half years since my twin sister passed away. It hasn't gotten any easier. This is hard for me to comment on. Tears are always so close to spilling out...take care

Posted 8 Years Ago


The love of a sister and the love of a mother, both arise from the love of a woman.
Floodwaters do not quench it, infernos do not scorch it and death is no barrier to it.
So joyous to know such a love, yet so painful to know such a love. Very sorry, dear poet.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

There is poetry in the sentiments of your lovely response Misery, thanks so much my friend...
At first I was afraid to read this poem. A poem titled Period written by a woman had me on alert. I'm glad I decided to take the chance for I was reward with touching sentimental piece that had the unique styling of Frieda P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Mike, I think that last poem you wrote it starting to make more sense to me now. :-)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
I know I tend to joke around a lot, but this really touched me Frieda and brought some tears to my eyes. It is hauntingly sad, and not only because it describes a feeling but because it makes me "feel", "you dug us both a grave with your last breath." Just......that's all I got. :(

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sorry I missed this one, grumble grumble @the cafe, I'm so glad you felt this one, it's very persona.. read more
The loss of someone you love is hard to deal with. This is such a powerful write. Although they are gone, and we're in pain we still relive those memories, we still have all those amazing memories that we can look back on. I loved the title. This whole write was absolutely amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sorry I missed this lovely review Sye, much appreciated my friend.
This is really powerful. I especially love the period you put after the word "period". That's your creativity right there. Oh and by the way, happy birthday :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow, happy to see you again, I've missed you! Thanks Siren and oh geez, 33 again! lol... ;-)
Blue Ivory

10 Years Ago

I miss you too. I just can't bring myself to come here more often for some reason...
you are an awsum writer no doubt bout that, hands down.

and you must also see and like this man's write ups, I find him really good.Quite close + hawwt he is.
http://www.facebook.com/pranavmuskanmalhotra
must see and like

Posted 10 Years Ago


"you dug us both a grave with your last breath" - a great line Frieda
when they leave they take much of us but they also live on in us - its symbiotic and universal

Posted 10 Years Ago


period. Wow. There isn't much more to say than that. This one really packed a punch.

Posted 10 Years Ago


There is a painful kind of poetry that exists, suspended on a period like a needle pressed upon your heart always there, ever sharp and from time to time makes you bleed, in a literal and emotional sense. These are very true lines you've penned again, but true, in as much as they had to be said because events will make us feel this way sometimes. Life's impermanence shows itself in many forms, the closer it is to any of us, makes the greatest of impressions, but my friend it also enables us to see outside ourselves for a moment and allows us to make personal choices about what we want to accomplish while we still have time. Make the best use of every day and try and be less concerned with the choices of others even when it hurts to do it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2123 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 11, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Grandfather My Grandfather

A Poem by Keith