Last Night's Fancy

Last Night's Fancy

A Poem by Frieda P

...i wish my pen could capture last night's fancy,
flight of divergent apparitions took my breath away
hallucinations of a dream so real it made me weep
for i saw your face high above the clouds
you appeared as an angel with chimerical wings,  
in their flutter released thousands of butterflies
each one carried a smile of incandescent light
promised posies of an altered moment & space
where poetry becomes reality traced on lofty clouds
amidst trances of tranquility & enchanted frivolity
so here i await on ink's flow with a fool's faith
of glinting endings and freshly burnish'd beginnings...

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are those moments and dreamy escapes that the pen can't capture its essence and glory especially when it is about a special one in our lives. The time and space are surely altered for they reside in a different reality than ours. I think you have been touched by the transcedental nature of the spirit realm and you are feeling like a butterfly in the azure skies...Thank you for sharing ...:)......................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

What a luverly review Sami, thanks so much for your sweet sentiments.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:)....................



Reviews

Sweet poem that flows and pulls you into the dream of a wonderful night.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have painted such vivid pictures with your words.What a lovely gift it is to be able to pen what we feel.Put our emotions into words.This is lovely :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow...a vivid dream splattered on the inner canvas perfect for cafe walls display.

Thanks for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice poem, enjoyed reading it :)
Well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your writing seems to be so effortless, it flows so beautifully, this is a favorite of mine.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So often I feel this exact same way. The other day I was sitting out on a sand dune looking at the ocean. The breeze was the perfect temperature, children were playing, people were riding by on their horses, and the sea was absolutely tranquil...I wished that I could capture that snapshot in words, but it seemed that no matter how hard I tried my words paled in comparision to the actual scene.

You write with such soft beauty. Whenever I need to feel the ethereal nature of the world, your poetry is a pleasant and apt refuge.

Posted 10 Years Ago


fantasies are often sustained by our feelings and emotions......many thoughts hidden deep in core comes out in the form of outstanding words. I loved your imaginations...thank you for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


there is ache and indescribable beauty in this piece. It breathes and longs for that dream to come into reality. love chimerical wings. not sure why. just find that a beautiful line.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Flawlessly penned, dear friend. I can relate and love the feelings conveyed her. What wonderful emotions you emit through your pen.

Posted 10 Years Ago


oooooooooo very nice.......

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1842 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..