Rules of Life

Rules of Life

A Poem by Gabrielle Esposito
"

Everyone has their own philosophy on life. But people philosophize based on fear.

"

“Open yourself up to love”

They always say.

Why?

Because they fear being alone.

I do not!

“Do not dwell in the past”

They say.

Why?

Because they cannot face their mistakes.

I can!

“Do not hate your enemies”

They always say.

Why?

Because they fear conflict.

I do not!

“Look to the future”

They always say.

Why?

Because they cannot accept the present.

I can!

“Listen when I speak”

They always say.

Why?

Because they fear being forgotten.

I do not.

It is all a part of "life"

 

© 2016 Gabrielle Esposito


Author's Note

Gabrielle Esposito
Please feel free to leave any comments. I am open to any sort of suggestions you may have!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like you open liner. Love. And the reason is good too. But like I always tell you, just write more. (It is kinda hard to write a review when your profile picture is hilarious) Anyway, i liked it. And hey did you know they have a point system here?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Gabi,
The impetus of your poetry builds moment, ambiance, timbre, life, and breath … speaking to the emotion, tenderness, and caring side, but most of all, its poetic voice pulls one into your own moment, making us relate to your inferences as though they are our own.
This, M'Lady, takes skill, knowing, and insight to accomplish, and the most wanting aspect of your work lies in presentation and format.
One cannot be a poet without the soul and inner grasp of life and emotion, and (somehow) in your short years, you've gathered all of it, like stars to sprinkle into your ink.

Well, I could go on and on from the pictures you've painted into my mind, but let it suffice to say I adore and admire your poetry, and even more-so the fine potential glowing forth from it.
Hugs of warmest thanks to you for sharing, Gabi! ⁓ Richard

Posted 8 Years Ago


Gabrielle Esposito

8 Years Ago

Richard,
Thank you so much. Reviews like yours mean the absolute world to me. I have grown wi.. read more
I love the way you have pointed out some philosophies of life with your own perspective and what people think of them because of their different types of fear....A very unique write.....I love your thought style....Full ratings+clappings!!!!.....God bless you....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Gabrielle Esposito

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reading! It's much appreciated!
best

8 Years Ago

all u said makes one review his reason for responding to these questions How they do.
But kn.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 6, 2016
Tags: fear, poems, meaning, philosophy, rules

Author

Gabrielle Esposito
Gabrielle Esposito

NY



About
Bio: Gabrielle Esposito is a senior in high school looking to find her niche in the literary world. Although she is young, she has already been published. Her work has appeared in the online literary .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..