Two New Books Published

Two New Books Published

A Story by Marie Anzalone
"

Information about two new books- one I wrote, one I edited- available internationally on Amazon and in person in Central America and Mexico

"

I am taking a few moments here to let you all know that I have recently published two new books that are out and available through regular channels.


The first is called “What We Meant to Say,” and is my fourth published stand-alone book of poetry. It is a series of poems, mostly written between 2015 and 2017, while living in one country as a former citizen of another. The book is divided into 6 major themes. The first chapter covers meditations on life, including letters to friends, interpretations of dreams, and how it feels to be called to larger things. The second chapter are poems written for the younger generation, including one I wrote for the 41 girls who burned to death in a government-run home for troubled youth, after they were locked into a dorm. The third chapter deals with an unfinished, partially-but-not-completely requited love story- including an award-wining poem about the world’s largest earthquake of 2017. Chapter four contains poems on social commentary, including politics and first and third world indifference and challenges. Chapter five details the struggles of myself and several loved ones with depression,  and coming to terms with being sensitive in a world that does not always reward sensitivity. Chapter six is dedicated to love poems, about coming back to life and love after a long absence and my last failed relationship of epic proportions.


 

The title of the book refers to the challenges of cross-cultural communication. These challenges can occur when two persons of the same culture do not speak the same heart language; or when two people try to communicate in different languages across cultures. The poems in this book were written in two languages- English and Spanish. Some pieces were originally written in Spanish and translated into English; others were written in English and translated into Spanish. I did all my own translations- however, Spanish is not my first language. Thus, I had help with the final redacted versions of each poem were assisted by the help of an amazing editor, el Sr. Nelton D. Santiago of Quetzaltenango, the city where I live and work in Guatemala. Nelton is the elected president of the poetry club “Casa los Altos,” of which I have been an active member since they helped me promote my third book in 2016- and have since me improve my self-confidence of both my poetry and written and spoken Spanish.

 


Below, you can find some excerpts from the book, and word clouds of the first two chapters. Further down the page, there is a link to my author profile on Goodreads, as well as links to ordering the book through Amazon.



 


 














Word cloud of Chapter 1:


 

Poetry excerpts from Chapter 1:


 

Word Cloud from Chapter 2:

Poetry excerpt from Chapter 2:

 

For the second book, I was the layout and artistic editor. My friend Adolfo Lopez Sosa wrote the content; I just put it together for him. Its title translates in English into “Chronicles of an Unannounced Death,” a homage to Gabriel Garcia Marquez’ “Chronicles of a Death Foretold.” Adolfo wrote the book as a dedication to the life of his best friend, who died at age 44 in a horrible vehicle accident in 2010. He put together, hour by hour, the final 3 complete days of his friend, Alfonso Ixcot’s, life. Every phone call, every conversation, the food he ate, etc. The chronicle ends with a harrowing description of the accident, the emergency responders’ arrival, the death of his friend, and several supernatural events that happened that nobody can adequately explain. He then chronicled the outpouring of family, national and international support and condolences that was received by himself and surviving members of their families and organizations, and included a gallery of photos of Alfonso’s life. This book is written in Spanish, and is available through Amazon at the link listed below, for anyone who might be interested in purchasing it. Adolfo Lopez is an international development organization director, renowned Spanish teacher, and acclaimed community figure in the city we live in.


 I invite you link to my Goodreads professional author’s profile:

Marie Anzalone on Goodreads


“What We Meant to Say” can be purchased directly anywhere in the world through Amazon:

Book: "What We Meant to Say"


“Cronica de una Muerte Repentina” can also be purchased directly through Amazon via my author’s profile on that site:

Book: Cronicas de una Muerte Repentina


Thanks for taking the time to read this today. I have not been able to connect or spend much time on here lately, due to a number of issues, the challenge of publishing two books at once, an excessive amount of work, writing a master’s thesis, etc. However, please know that I notice every view and review I get. I love and appreciate all of you. I HOPE to back in form in about another month.

Sincerely, 

R. Marie



 


 



 


 


© 2018 Marie Anzalone


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good for you ,we are all happy for you. hope you become famous

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raquelita

5 Years Ago

LOL thanks for the note today, and for the vote of confidence. I am honestly not sure that anyone be.. read more
 wordman

5 Years Ago

oh well,we`re looking for a singer to buy one for a song,or a producer to buy one for a movie

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on February 21, 2018

Author

Marie Anzalone
Marie Anzalone

Xecaracoj, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala



About
Bilingual (English and Spanish) poet, essayist, novelist, grant writer, editor, and technical writer working in Central America. "A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to ta.. more..

Writing