Orchestra's Pride

Orchestra's Pride

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere
"

me being a violinist

"

Walking on stage with the notes running through my head. My fingers dancing in the air with rememberance of the music i've read.

 Taking my beautifull instrument out of its resting place, Looking at it, so still as it leaves its case.

 When the time comes to ignight its sound, The butterflies in my stomach start to come around.

Making me nervous as we begin to tune. Lights shining down as people start to fill the room.

 The conductor stands strong and tall. Silence begins to fill the music hall

. She raises her baton as we are eger to play. As my bow gracefully glides across my strings, my heart starts racing in a rapid way.

 As we play our last note we stand up with pride.The auidence starts to cheer and  The conductor looks at us with joyous tears in her eyes.

 We know we made her proud. We begin to decend and take our final bow...

© 2011 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! how beautiful all these feelings in what you wrote. In this piece, I really visualize my daughter playing her violin for so many years... and I could understand a little what she felt. You write very well. And you show your feelings in a clear and sweet way!
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Beautiful! You said you have a writers block. How may I help you? I quite didn't understand in your contest. Thanks,
Akanksha

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great! I like that you were able to use one form of expression (poetry) to describe another (music). This is really wonderful! Keep writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I read through your lovely poem. Then I read all the reviews. When I came to the one that talked about the rhyme of the poem I had to go back and re-read the poem because I hadn't noticed the rhyme of it in the first read. When I went back I realized I missed the fact that it rhymes because of the lack of formatting. This lack of formatting also lends to reading it through so quickly one loses those finer points, like the rhyming, and other points as well, I'm sure. Luckily someone noticed something I hadn't and this allowed me to enjoy the poem even more than I originally had. I know you like the style of scrunching your words together and not formatting them, but something can get lost in the translation when you are penning poetry by not formatting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you for such a beautiful poem. You feel the pride of being in the orchestra, of doing something well. I have never played anything musically until now thanks to this poem.

There are a couple of misspelled words, however the emotions and flow is not hurt. So was that on purpose? All in all a good way to wake and read on saturday morning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


As I read this poem, I think I actually became a violinist.
Despite the fact that I've never touched a musical instrument (except the recorder) in my life.
Excellent Job .


Posted 12 Years Ago


You take the audience deep into your poetry, you are a true poet! Thank you for wisely using your talents!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A amazing poem. I like how you took me with you into the music and feeling of being content with music and life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh I love this, I was there, in that music hall, going through each emotion!!!
Wonderful!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really good poem, especially to me because I am in Choir and Small Onsomble ( like choir but only selected people can go) and I love the silence after we all stop singing in front of the audience; a time when the last note rebounds off everything. Beautiful, isn't it?

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..