The Attack

The Attack

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

What happened and details of the happening.

"

The attack was scary. Lots of blood, painful as anything. Horrible thing… What on Earth could cause this to Elijah? And shouldn’t things like this happen on Friday the thirteenth? Nevertheless, it still happened, and on Friday the twelfth.  Strange, isn’t it? The way things happened? Almost on accord. It would have been a better blessing if he was born this way, well maybe. The secret still remains. The secret that may be deadly, that might cost Elijah his own life, as early as it seems to be. Beethoven wasn’t anything like the avenue named after him, at least not on any record anyone of this century found. God knows if he really was. Thunder! Bang! Smash! A window crashed into the road .Scratch the last. Even God doesn’t know.  God does know, however, that what is about to happen shouldn’t happen.

Sad as it is, it shouldn’t but did happen. The attack was long, agonizing, and very, very painful. Like nothing you could imagine. Nothing anyone could imagine. Except for Elijah, that is. Elijah knew because the damage that was from the attack, what happened, nothing like this happened before. It was a great learning experience, but very painful. Why did it have to happen this way? He thought to himself. I know I’ve always wanted to be a werewolf, but this wasn’t what I’d imagined.

He didn’t know how painful it would be to turn, how horrible he had the cravings for the blood of humans. The blood of anything, for that fact. HE had a hard time resisting the temptation. He had to call Elizabeth and tell her that he couldn’t come to her father’s birthday party. But what he wouldn’t tell her is why. He had to make an excuse for why he couldn’t come. He knew that she’d ask him. But what to tell her? Either she’d think he’s making it all up, or she’d ask more embarrassing questions.  He decided to take the risk and tell her.  He picked up the phone to call her, but she didn’t answer. He tried again, and again, the  answering machine answered. He tried not to get angry or frustrated. He then called her father.  Same thing. Why won’t they answer!? They must be ignoring me. Do they know already? I hope not.

 He had no idea that the same thing happened to her about ten or fifteen minutes before, and she had a fight with her father about the fact. He gave up calling her and knocked on her door, seeing if she was home. She finally answered, but in a bad mood. She came out, and he asked her what was on her mind.  She hesitated, trying to figure what to say, when he said, “Do you have time for a small walk?” Without waiting for an answer, he grabbed her arm, pulling her out the front porch’s gate, onto the somewhat newly paved circle driveway. He took off running, and she followed. She acted like she was running out of breath, like she usually did, before the accident, and he slowed down to meet her. They were now on Central St. heading west toward the huge hill, Elizabeth’s  father called it “the wheel chair testing” street. It was very cliff-like, almost upright. Elizabeth used to ride her kick scooter down, standing on the brake, it was so steep. She wasn’t in a very good mood, but she still was there. She wondered why he was so pushy; maybe he was like her… The thought distressed her. What if he knew? Her mind was flying. How would she know when the change would happen? The city was darker than the color navy, showing the full moon… Were the stories true? Would Werewolves change on the full moon? Go great, she thought. If he sees her change…  What would happen?

When they were on Jefferson St., he started talking. “Do you have the night off? “ When she answered yes, he wondered how he was going to break the news.  He decided to break it strait. “Do you believe in werewolves?” he asked her. When she answered yes, his surprised look gave it away.

“You’re a werewolf!” she exclaimed. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. I’m one to. I got turned today; it was horrible. Scary, in fact.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? I was scared that you won’t believe me!”

“I was scared that you wouldn’t believe me! Remember all those times I told you I could see ghosts? The time I told you I could control the wind?”

“Yeah…”

“That’s why I didn’t tell you. I didn’t think you’d believe me.”

“I was turned about an hour ago.”

“Really? That’s about when I was turned.”

“Just don’t say anything to Haylee or Nate.  I don’t know when I’ll break the news to them, let alone how. I don’t think they’ll believe me. I probably need to move into my own house, somewhere far away from here.”

“Why?”

“To keep them safe. So I won’t have any thirst for their blood. You know, and understand, don’t you?”

“Yes, but I think you should try to stay, maybe even tell them about the condition. You should at least try to talk to them about it. You never know, they might understand.”

“I doubt that. I don’t think they’ll understand. They’ll probably think I was lying.”

“I’m just saying that you never know, they might understand.  You never know. Anyway…” She trailed off, thinking. Her mood slightly better, but still sad. What about the party? Is he going to back out?

“Anyway what?”

“So you don’t want to come to my dad’s party, I’m guessing. Because of…” She trailed off, knowing that Elijah would know what she was thinking.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I know you planned this party for a long time, but…” Now he trailed, his mind whirling. It was going so fast, he was almost sick. Elizabeth didn’t catch on it though,  or at least she pretended not to. With her, he never knew.

“Well either way, I still have to go. If you want to show up, please do. Bye, Elijah.”

After they said their good-byes, Elijah changed into the usual form of his unusual condition. He went around, trying to not go after her. He wanted to go to the party, really, he did, but didn’t want to accidentally change. And he thought he disappointed Elizabeth, because she’d been the one to plan all this. It definitely was hard for him.

He was kicking himself because he let her off, so easily, yet he thought he hurt her because of the party issue. That’s it. He was going. After all, he was invited, and he said he would go. Until this happened, anyway. He still will go. She was going. Of course it was because she’d planned it, so she kind of had to go... The issue swirled in his head, making him dizzy. He almost felt sick, with the world whirling around him, the lights making circles around his body and eyes. Was it a feeling that someone was out there, and saw him? He looked down, seeing himself in a furry outfit. He was still a site to see.  He turned back into his human form and ran after her. He would join the party no matter what. He didn’t care if people saw him, he was going. You might ask him why he was going, taking that risk, and he’d tell you he didn’t know. It was partly the truth. He didn’t really know why he was putting on that risk. Nor did he really care, but after his experience with today, he was ready to care. He was going to a party, even if something happened.



© 2010 Some Random Person.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great chapter, but I DO have to point something out: the "I'm a werewolf too" part is a bit... light. It's... I don't know. There's just something wrong with it. It's like, "Yeah, I'm a werewolf too! No big deal." If I were her, I'd be like, "Pssh, werewolves aren't real". But that's just me.

Otherwise, well done. Reading on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Twists run amuck within this chapter, it flows to erractically for the reader to pin a reaction to the goings on, well done

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Thomas Fitzgerald
.memberID. 028
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Thomas
.username. kissaled
.novels. Adrian, Memoirs of a Gay(sha)!
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-27-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


okay so they just knew they were wrewolves the minute it happened? I like the twist and the two friends are going though it together. great starter and ender.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was very entertaining. I love that he is a werewolf. I would be scared of changing if I were him as well. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


And shazzam!
Werewolfity. (Not a word.)
So Elizabeth & Elijah are both werewolves, both new at the trade.
Both new at the incredible thirst for blood that good werewolves endure.
I can't see anything wrong with that.
I'm being sarcastic, just so you know.
I liked the chapter anyways, definitely not like Twilight :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wowza.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. Turning into a werewolf ain't a easy thing. I believe better to have someone the same to lead and teach the ropes.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A little longer chapter, and it was amazing! The description was very well done. :)

~Bookers~ (Lizzard)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

910 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2010
Last Updated on October 24, 2010

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Vanished Vanished

A Poem by Alexis