The Call

The Call

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

My phone rang, so I checked who was calling me. Unknown number, but I answered it.

 

“Hello?” I said into the speaker.

 

“If you ever want to see your daughter and son again, you will bring me one million dollars today at four in the park. There better not be any police, or I will kill the both of them right there in front of you,” said a robotic voice.

 

“Can I speak to my daughter?” I asked, pretending that Haylee is my daughter.

 

“NO!” said the ruffled voice. “Mommy, help me! Please help-AAHHHHHHH” Screamed a girl in the background, I assumed it was Haylee. “Shut her up!” said a the computerized voice.

 

“Let me talk to her now, or the deal’s off.” I said firmly.

 

“Fine, hand her the phone.” Said the automatic voice. They’re cooperating with me? That’s a definite first.

 

“Mommy! Help me!” Haylee screamed into the phone.

 

“Am I on speaker?” I asked her.

 

“Yes, Mommy.”

 

“Oh, good, I guess. Now, Haylee, do whatever they say, I am going to get you out of there, okay Haylee?”

 

“Okay, mommy. Please hurry!” Then somebody snatched the phone from her.

 

“You have until four to get the money. There better be no police, or the girl dies, and the boy is taken prisoner.”

 

“Wait!” I scream into the microphone. “I want to talk to my son too.” I demanded.

 

“Fine, give the damn boy the phone.”

 

“Mommy, is this you?”

 

“Yes, Nathan, it is.”

 

“Really? You sound different.”

 

“Stop it, honey, you’re being silly. I’ll get you out of this soon. Don’t worry.” I said into the microphone. Elijah looked at me like I was silly. Stop looking at me like that. I sent to him.

 

Fine, but tell me who you’re talking to.

 

Why? It has got almost nothing to concern you.

 

Doesn’t it? Who’re you talking to?

 

Nathan, Haylee, and their kidnappers. Haylee gave my phone number and they took it thinking that it was your mother’s.

 

Wait… What?!

 

That is right, now shut up for the rest of the conversation and pay attention. We’re getting the police involved.

 

“Give me one million dollars at the Twin Springs Park, or your daughter will be slaughtered and your son will watch the whole entire thing happen.” Then dial tone.

 

“What do we do now?” Elijah asked as I limped to a bench.

 

“Now? Now, we call the cops,” I replied.

 

“But that’s what they said not to do!” Elijah argued with me.

 

“Listen, Elijah, the police are better trained than I on how to find them. If only I had my car, then I could drive to the station.”

“But I thought the doctors didn’t want you driving?” Elijah annoyingly said.

 

“They don’t, but I don’t care. It doesn’t matter much because my car isn’t here in the first place.”

 

“True, true. Still, I can’t believe you’d even think about driving. It would be dangerous.”

 

“Since when did you care?” I asked, but caught myself. “Come on, let’s go. We have to talk to Detective Harding.”



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I couldn't think of a better title for this chapter, so i just called it The Call...

1. did you like it?

2. do you think that they'll find the kidnappers?

3. Are you happy that Detective Harding is coming back into the story?

4. Who's your favorite character?

5. Least favorite character?

6. What song, book, movie, videogame does this chapter, book make you think of?

7. Do yo want me to skip sleeping and type the rest of the book up tonight?

8. Review????? OR I"LL BITE YOU! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

1. YES!

2. Yeah... or the cops will at least!

3. A little.

4. Elizabeth or Elijah.!

5. The Kidnappers :D

6. I don't know.

7. Bwahaha yes:D



Posted 12 Years Ago


I have to say that I am liking the characters Elizabeth and Elijah. I find myself hoping that at some point they hook up. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought this was an interesting chapter....I think they will..o.o
Yeah, she was cool hehehehe
Elizabeth ann Elijah hehe
-.-
No, that would make you crazy in the morning hehehhe
I loved the chapter...and Nathan seems like an idiot...but yeah...whatever. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing