Family Reunited

Family Reunited

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

“No, you can’t. He’s the prime suspect to the kidnappings of your friends, siblings, and he’s your stabber,” Detective Harding denied Elizabeth.

 

“But he’s my cousin! I want to speak to him!” She whined a bit. That’s funny. Elizabeth was like Hermione, she NEVER whined. Like, never.

 

“I’m sorry, Elizabeth, but you can talk to him later, after the trial,” Harding stood her ground.

 

“Can I at least talk to Don?” Elizabeth asked.

 

“None, you can’t talk to either of them,” Harding said sternly.

 

“Can I interrogate them?” Elizabeth persisted.

 

Emma Harding sighed. “I’ll see what I can do.” She turned her back.

 

“Thanks, Emma, for everything.” Emma turned around.

 

“You’re more than welcome. If you need anything, just come and ask,” Emma smiled, turned, and walked out of the room.

 

“Ready to go see your siblings?” Elizabeth asked me.

 

“More than ever,” I replied. We walked out of the room and into a new room where Haylee and Nathan stood. Haylee came running up to Elizabeth and hugged her tightly saying something into her ear. Then she rushed up to me and hugged me.

 

She whispered to me: “Thanks for saving us. I gave them Elizabeth’s phone number instead of mom’s for a reason. I didn’t want mom to worry.”

 

“You did well,” I whispered to my sister, “But didn’t they notice the change in area codes?” Elizabeth’s phone number has a Houston area code, not a Northwest Arkansas area code.

 

“They were out of towners. They had no idea what the area code here was.” No wonder we got away with not being able to alert my mother.

 

“All in a day’s work,” Elizabeth replied.

 

“All in a day’s work,” I repeated. “Yep, if that’s not true, then I don’t know what is.” I looked at Nathan. “You seem quite quiet. What’s got your tongue in a knot?”

 

Nathan looked mad, “What do you mean?” The ten year old screeched at me. “I’m fine, just fine.”

 

Elizabeth looked at me. He most surely is NOT fine. Ain’t that the truth?

 

Can you get into his mind?

 

No. Can you?

 

No. Something’s not right.

 

Isn’t that what my previous statement was?

 

Haylee caught on, apparently. “Stop doing that, guys,”

 

“Doing what?” Detective Harding asked the three of us.

 

“They’re-“ Both Elizabeth and I shook our heads. “They were communicating through faces.” Faces? Faces!

 

Is she really covering our butts like that?!

 

Apparently.

 

I hate that word.

 

Deal with it, Elijah.

 

“I told you two to stop!” Haylee said, before I could reply to Elizabeth.

 

“Stop what?” Harding asked, yet again.

 

“They’re doing the face thing again, Detective Harding.” Haylee said yet again. She’s really getting to be rude.

 

“Sure they are. How could they communicate without us knowing? I could read faces, and they’re not saying anything through faces,” Harding questioned.

 

That blows.

 

You think? We need to get out of here before they find out anything. Come on Elijah. Grab Nathan. I’ll get Haylee.

 

I did as she told me. I pulled Nathan and put him on my back, but Lizzie shook her head. I don’t trust him. She said into my mind. I put him down. “We’re going to go home, if you don’t mind, Emma. Thanks again for everything,” I told Emma and we walked out of the precinct. “Haylee, way to blow it,” I scolded her.

 

“What? They don’t know?” Haylee looked from Elizabeth to I.

 

“Of course they don’t know!” I yelled.

 

“Know what? What is going on between you three?” Nathan yelled. That kid is mad.

 

“Nothing. We’ll tell you when we’re ready,” I said before Haylee could ruin it.

 

“NO!” He screeched at me again, “Tell me NOW!” It’s like the kid is three again. And believe me, that wasn’t a pretty sight.

 

“Stop acting like a three year old.” Elizabeth and Haylee said at the same time.

 

We went home, the four of us, screaming at each other. Haylee and Elizabeth didn’t fight, though. Only Haylee, Elizabeth and I against Nathan, or Haylee and Elizabeth against me.

 

Haylee, Nathan and I went into our house, and Elizabeth went into hers. Mom was overjoyed to have Nathan back, she wouldn’t let go of him for like 30 minutes. It was funny. She hugged me and Haylee too, but Nathan was missing for a long time. She had no idea that Haylee was taken as well.

 

We stopped fighting, because Mom was around, and when Dad came home from work, he nearly cried because Nathan was back. Nathan being missing was taking a toll on the whole family. 



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Nearly done. Just one more chapter! :D Are you happy or sad about that?

1. This is the second to last chapter. Want more?

2. How did you like the glimpse of the Dad?

3. Nathan changed. Is that a good thing or a bad thing, do you think?

4. Who's your favorite character?

5. How did you like the last part: When the Mom sees the three of them and doesn't stop hugging Nathan for "30 minutes"?

6. Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't really know...but grrrr Haylee is back...*grabs shotgun*
Yes, I do...but that's your sequel :P
He seemed cool...hopefully he is going to be in the next book.
Elizabeth and Elijah.
Lol that made me laugh.
Good chapter...except that Haylee had to come back. I wanna shoot her so bad...(in the book). Great work. Can't wait to read the next book. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. I wanna read the lst chapter :D

2. It was pretty good:)

3. Seems like a bad thing, but I would be kinda mad if I were taken kidnap and was gone tht long.

4. Elizabeth and Elijah(as always)

5. Natural reaction for a mom. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing