Getting Haylee, Maybe

Getting Haylee, Maybe

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

So I crept around back to find a back door, but found that there wasn't any. There were a couple of kitchen windows, but didn't dare open them for fear of making a noise. Then again, the doors may make a noise, but that'd be easier to crawl into then a window. I might fall out of the window or something. 
Since there wasn't a proper door, I climbed up to the roof and opened the trap door in there. I don't know how I knew it'd be there, but there it was. I opened it as softly as I could, and slipped inside the what appeared to be the restroom. Ew, I had to step on the toilet seat to get down. Double gross. I knew there was a reason why I knew there'd be a trap door on the roof.
I opened the door as slowly as possible, because I knew for sure this door sometimes creeks. This time, thank God, it didn't. I crept out of the restroom, checked the surroundings, and walked around the tables. The lights were off in the whole cafe but the main room, where Haylee and Shelby were sitting. 
I tried to get into Haylee's mind again, but still couldn't. Fine, Shelby, be like that!
Because I couldn't get into Haylee's mind, I sent a message to Elijah. I'm in, but I still can't get into her mind. Please move your right hand to your knees if you can hear this.
He did. That's good, at least our messages were getting through to each other.
Now, can you get into her mind? Keep your right hand on your knee if yes, if no, move your right hand to your ear. 
I don't know why I chose those signs, but they were easiest to mention, and I had to think fast. He kept his hand on his knee. Good, I guess.
Now, can you message her to get up and go to my house? I want her there. Without Shelby, mention that. Again, if yes, knee, no, ear, okay? Don't answer. Just do the signs. I don't want a two-way conversation. 

He kept his hand on his knee. Good.
Good, you're doing well. Can you message me what she's saying, thinking? Now you may message me.

Good, I'm getting tired of this one-way stuff. It gets annoying with you telling me what to do without my input. 

Okay, I had to make sure of some stuff. Now what'd she say?

She's trying to get up, but Shelby won't let her leave.  Crap. Now we have to try a different approach.
Tell her to use the restroom. Maybe Shelby'd leave her alone for a couple of minutes?

She said she'd try. 

Tell her there's a trap door, tell her to go up in it. I want to meet her up there. Okay?

Yeah, are still sure that you can't get into her mind still?

Yes. Nor Shelby's. Now, is she going?

Yes, but you'd better move fast, Shelby's showing her where it is. 

Okay, okay. Closing the door. I went back onto the top of the toilet, and up the trap door. It was easier than I'd thought it'd be. I, then, closed the trapdoor. A couple of seconds, maybe a half a minute later, I heard the door open and close.
"Elizabeth, where are you? I thought Elijah said you were going to be here? Where are you?" Haylee whispered.
"Shh. Don't make a noise. I'm opening the door, get on top of the toilet and climb up, alright?" I replied.
"Okay." Then I opened the trapdoor, and from the looks of it, I nearly scared about five or ten years out of poor Haylee's life doing that.


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So, what'd ya think? I kind of like this chapter partly the best... So, is it good? How'd you like the somewhat cliff hanger there?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought you did a good job with the descriptions of everything. I'm glad that they got Haylee out of the place. I still don't like that she didn't listen. Good write. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A short chapter. I like the house and their discussion. I like how you make the small details important. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


"as I could, and slipped inside" No comma.

Only mistake I could find. And why is Haylee scared? Oooo

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 6, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..