Policia

Policia

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

 

She unlocked her phone then pressed some numbers on her keypad and placed the phone over her long hair. I don’t know how she could live with that hair during the summer, but it’s her decision, not mine.

 

“Hello? Is Detective Harding there?” I heard Elizabeth ask the person on the other end of the call. Someone said something, and Elizabeth replied, “Could you put her on the phone please?”

 

“Hello, this is Detective Harding,” the blazing loud speaker said when Elizabeth put the phone on speakerphone.

 

“Yes, I’m Elizabeth Jacks, the person who was stabbed yesterday,” Elizabeth told Detective Harding, “I need to talk to you, but the doctor said I couldn’t drive or run. Could you come to the ballpark to today?”

 

“Why are you at the ballpark?” Harding asked. “Anyways, I’ll be there in two minutes.” Harding hung up.

 

“Great. Just advertize it to the world that we’re talking to cops.” I snidely said.

 

“Oh shut up, Elijah,” Elizabeth replied, getting up. “Come on, we’ve got to be ready to tell her everything when she comes.”

 

“But won’t they find us here?” I whined.

 

“Not the right people. Remember, we want them to think that we’re getting the money, so if anyone’s following us, it’ll be hard to do here. If we stay, then they’ll think we aren’t taking this seriously, and they’ll probably just kill them anyways.” Elizabeth said more, but I blocked her voice until Detective Emily Harding came into the picture, then I came back into our conversation.

 

“Hello, Elizabeth. I see that you have Elijah here with you.” Emma Harding said.

 

“I didn’t know you two knew each other,” Elizabeth said, looking at me.

 

“Well, I wasn’t too sure you two knew each other either.” Harding told her, also looking at me. “What did you want to talk to me about?”

 

“Well, I got a call from this computerized, ruffled voice saying that he had my daughter and son,” Elizabeth said a little too quickly.

 

“Way to start the conversation, Elizabeth,” I smart mouthed under my breath.

 

“What was that?” Harding and Elizabeth said at the same time.

 

“What? Oh, oh, nothing, nothing at all.” Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

 

Harding looked at Elizabeth. “You have children? Aren’t you two too young to have children?” Then she looked at me.

 

 I know I shouldn’t have, but I couldn’t help myself. I just took a little dip into her mind. She thought that Elizabeth and I were together?! EW!

 

“What?” Elizabeth replied, “No, No! They were talking about Nathan and Haylee. I made Haylee memorize my phone number last year, and she gave it to them instead of her mother’s. And, EW! I can’t believe you would have thought that, Ms. Harding!”

 

Harding looked surprised by her reaction. “Sorry, I just- Oh never mind, as you kids say nowadays. And how many times do I have to remind you: I want you two to just call me Emma.” Ms.- I mean Emma responded.

 

“Sorry, Emma, but can you help us?” I couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Of course I will help you, but I’ll need to take you down to the station. Of course, the car that the city provides me with doesn’t have a back seat, it just has a cage for criminals, so one of you will just have to sit there.” Emma said.

 

“Well, I can just sit in the car. Elijah can run. He’s really fast, didn’t you know that?” Elizabeth interjected.

 

Way to expose my condition, Elizabeth!

 

Stop with your smart mouth, Shorty.

 

Size doesn’t matter, Snotty!

 

Oh, just shut up with your smart mouth!

 

“Fine!” I shouted at her, not realizing that I’d actually said it aloud.

 

Emma turned around. “What? What are you yelling at?”

 

“Oh, uh…”

 

Don’t say it!

 

“Oh, YES I WILL SAY IT!”

 

There, you blew it. Happy?

 

“Is something wrong, Elijah?” Harding- oh, sorry, I meant Emma- asked.

 

“What?” I replied to her, “What? Oh, no. No, Ma’am. Nothing’s wrong. I’ll just go get a head start.” And I started running.

 

__~*@*~__

 

God, sometimes I hate Elijah. He can be such a smart-alec and rude. I can’t believe Emma Harding thought I was with him. EW!

 

Anyways, Elijah took off running down the street while I sat in Emma’s car. Did I mention that I knew Emma through my Grandfather’s business? Yes, my grandfather used to massage her. My grandfather massaged a lot of people until he had to quit because he fell a few years ago…

 

Emma and I raced Elijah to the Station, and of course, we won. Only because Emma knew her way to it. That’s the only reason we won. When we emerged from the car, Emma was amazed that Elijah got there thirty seconds after we did. “I didn’t know you could run that fast,” She said looking at Elijah. Her gaze changed to me. “You knew?” She asked.

 

“Of course I knew. He plays Baseball, Emma.” I replied. See? I’ve got this. I sent to Elijah.

 

Yeah, right. Like she believes you.

 

Of course she does. She is one of those gullible people who cannot really understand some things…. I have no idea how she became a detective, but that’s just her.

 

Sure, yeah, let’s leave Baseball as my cover!

 

Oh, shut your smart mouth up! And then we walked into the station.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So.... This was kind of fun because, well, I'm a bit mad....

1. How was this chapter?

2. Who's your favorite character?

3. How'd ya like the smartmouth fight?

4. ... I don't know what else to ask you....

5. JUST LEAVE A REVIEW OR I'LL BITE YOU! :D

Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please don't bite, I'm just a bit behind on my reviews and jumping around randomly. Great job. Its progressing very well, I am captivated by Elijah and Elizabeth and their relationship.

Posted 12 Years Ago


No biting please xD
i like Elizabeth,
though the characters are to,,,bold, ... to little, to really pick a favorite one!,
i should really need to know more,
well,,,, im not really a person who likes fights... even in stories, so not really my thing, though it fits,
you need to work on your word choice and grammer though
further a well thought chapter,
with a possible story line to continue,

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing