What happened?

What happened?

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

What was she calling us into the house about? I hope it is important, I thought to myself as I ran inside to see what Elizabeth was calling us in for. When I swiftly breezed past the walls of many rooms, I finally found her in the vacant house in the only room that had a piece of furniture. When I saw what stained the furniture, I screamed. Not intentionally, but I did. That's when my protective brother, Elijah came into the room. 

The futon, which was the furniture, was heavily stained in red blood. Whoever's blood this was must be very hurt, or worse, dead. I couldn't bear that fact. Our brother, small and cute, dead? I know it could be someone else, but I somehow doubted it.
"Who's blood could this be? We obviously need to find out fast, before they die, if they're still alive!" I shrieked.
"Haylee, it may not be Nathan. It may be some other person. If this was Nathan's blood, then he'd be dead. There's absolutely no way a boy his size would survive this much blood loss. It's not clausable. It'd have to be someone else. We have to remain hopeful, okay?" Elizabeth hesitated, looking at me and Elijah carefully with her eyes looking through her rough brown hair. "Just hope that it's not Nathan, that it's someone who is much stronger than he is, like Gertinald." Why did she say that? "I say him because this person was obviously a werewolf, there's traces of werewolf hair all over this place. This species would have to be a different kind then we are, much fiercer, much more dangerous. We'd better get out of here." Then she left the room, leaving me and Elijah, afraid to move a muscle. What did she mean?
"Elizabeth, wait up! Wait!" I panted after her as I began to run as fast as my smaller legs could carry me. Elijah was just in front of me, running without breaking a little sweat. I really wish that they'd bite me already, if that's how you turn into a werewolf. I mean, I was always the one who wanted to be one since, like forever! 
Then she started slowing down, and I almost crashed into her back. Really? When we stopped, she stared at an empty lot. Vacant of a house, but not vacant of a couple of homeless people, apparently. When we walked into the gates, and shut them, there were a ton of mats, clothes, blankets, and other supplies. There was even a couple of sticks gathered together in a circle, presumably a fire pit. There were a couple of man-made tents, hand built on the spot. Oh, and the grass was grossly overgrown. 
"EWW! Why are we in here?" I moaned to Elizabeth. 
"Because I smelled something that smelled strangely familiar." She replied, scaring me about what she's talking about "Strangely Familiar." I hope it's not bad, strange. I also hoped it was meant to be a clue about where Nathan was. This looking for him is surely getting me very tired and bored, and it was only Noon! I felt like crawling back into bed, going back to sleep, I was so tired!
"There it is!" Elizabeth exclaimed, loudly. She almost burst my ears to it's deafness. I was now wide awake, thanks to her. Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. I can think a little more clearly now. That was until I saw what she was talking about: a small, bloody cover. Black, to be specific. It was the sort of cover that you see the crime TV shows personel pull over dead bodies when they find them at a crime. Uh-oh. I hope this isn't Nathan. It would be very bad news, very bad indeed. Oh, and sad! Very sad! My mother, what would happen to her? This is her baby, we're talking about! Her youngest child! They say that it's never right for a child to die before the mother does, and it certainly isn't. This would be very bad news if we were to open it and it had Nathan inside. 
Yet, for some reason, I didn't suspect that Nathan was in it. If it wasn't Nathan, though, then who could be in it?


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Okay, sorry, still short, isn't it. I did this chapter all in Haylee's POV, I don't know why, I just felt like doing it all in her point of view.

So, how did you like it?

Was it good?

And, Who do think is in that bag?

If Nathan's not in the bag, then where is he, do you think?

Just some questions I have for this chapter. Hopefully I can make the next chapter, tomorrow, longer. Sorry, again for it being so short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was a good write. I really enjoyed this chapter...though Haylee is still annoying as anything. I really like Elizabeth still. I love that she's smart and knows what she's talking about. I hope that they find Nathan alive. Can't wait to move on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. Open the door to many mysteries. I like how you set-up the chapter. Not rushing the events. Making each step in the story strong and worthwhile. You are create a very good story. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


"What was she calling us into the house about? I hope it is important, I thought to myself as I ran inside to see what Elizabeth was calling us in for." Redundant. "as I ran inside to see what was going on." "We obviously need to find out fast,(omit that comma) before they die, if they're still alive!" Also, I think "If they're still alive" should be an afterthought instead of the shrieking. "This species would have to be a different kind then(than) we are" "Then she left the room, leaving me and Elijah,(omit this comma) afraid to move a muscle." "I mean, I was always the one who wanted to be one since, like(,) forever!" "When we walked into the gates,(omit this comma) and shut them, there were a ton of mats, clothes, blankets, and other supplies." "that smelled strangely familiar.(,)" She replied," "I hope it's not bad,(omit that comma) strange." "and it was only Noon(common noun)!" "She almost burst my ears to it's(its) deafness." "This is her baby,(no comma) we're talking about!"

MORE DETAILS. Other than that it was good.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..