Something else`

Something else`

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

When they finally talk about something else, or do they?

"

"What do you want to talk about, then?" Elizabeth asked him, knowing that he didn't know.

 

"Uh... Fine! Why does Haylee want to know so badly?" 

 

"I'm not sure I'm the best person to tell you why."

 

"What do ya mean? Of course you are."

 

"Well..." She thought for a second. Then sent to him nonverbally, If you want to know so badly, ask her yourself. 

 

"Why? And please, quit doing that unless we're around some people."

 

We are, Elijah. Look behind you.

 

"Uh..." He sniffed the air. Someone definitely was here.

 

Fine. You win. Happy?

 

Not quite. Tell her. Now.

 

No! She won't understand! Now more rustling in the leaves of the forest behind him. Then he noticed that it was noon, time for lunch. He sure was hungry.

 

I'm hungry too. Let's go and get ourselves something to eat. 

 

Fine. I'm still not going to tell her. 

 

Whatever. I wish you would. Then they left, to go to their separate houses and eat. Elijah ate silently at the table with his siblings. No one talked, not even Nate.

 

At Elizabeth's house, they were full of conversation. Jomama was cooking hamburgers on the small kitchen grill while Elizabeth was slicing some tomatoes. Grandfarter was at their glass table watching TV (or was it listening?) and reading the Sunday Paper. 

 

"Hey Grandfarter, what's on the news today?"

 

"Lizzie, there was a large break in at the bank. Our bank. I hope that they're alright."

 

"Yikes! What did they steal?"

 

"A couple of lives, $2,000 dollars in cash."

 

"How many died?"

"As of now, 5." Then the food was ready and they sat at their glass table and began to eat their soft crusted, juicy with tomatoes and avocados hamburger. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When they got out of lunch and met each other, Haylee was talking  to her brother again.

 

What did you say to her?

 

Nothing. She thinks that if she's all nice, then I'll give in and tell her. That's not going to work though.

 

No, it's not.

 

Yeah... Wait, how do you know that it's not going to work?

 

Because it never works on you. Trust me, I've tried it.

 

When? Where? How? Why?

A time you don't need to know, here, again, you don't need to know the others.

 

Tell me!

 

Not until you tell Haylee. 

 

You set this up, didn't you?

 

No, but I'm glad it happened the way it did.

 

Ugh! You're impossible! Can we get through a conversation now that doesn't involve me telling them?

 

Nope. And she smiled half-heartedly at him.

 

Was that a clue? What are you doing?

 

Messing around. So... 

 

Nate! He's hurt! Somewhere, I don't know how or why, but I know.

 

You can sense pain, it's one of the qualities of a dog, therefore, one a werewolf has. 

 

This is going to take some consideration. 

 

Do you know where he's at?

 

No. Wait. I do, he's at Baseball practice.

 

Maybe he fell hard?

 

No, this isn't the kind of pain that's normal. Maybe Mom took him down Beethoven Ave.! He thought back to his own experience down that ally, and wasn't happy. He tried to ignore the growing feeling that Nate's lost, gone, hurt.

 

They went to their houses after several hours arguing about Elijah telling Haylee his secret. As of now, only Elizabeth kknew about it, and that’s the way he wanted it to stay. She, on the other hand, didn’t want to keep Haylee wondering what was going on with her brother.

 



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Okay, so there's a little more darkness coming. More thoughts and mind-reading, more dialogue. @ Jessi, Sorry if there wasn't enough action, but this chapter is important to the story.

Okay, so I added something happening to Nate, Grandfarter's reading the newspaper. I put Grandfarter for a reason, instead of Grandfather. Jomama's the cook in the family, presumably, and Elizabeth helps out.

So how do you like it so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very entertaining story you have create. I like the characters and the situation you have put them in. This was a good chapter. The family meal making them feel alive and like real people. Left a open door for mystery with the injury of Nate? I look forward to reading more. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Frist of all I like pain power. Second of all I love see the interaction at home it help understand the characters more. I'm getting mad at Elizabeth because she is not telling her family. The Bank thing and Nate being lost and hurt open up a plot oppurity


Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this story. I like how it is progressing. I don't know if Elijah should really tell her about that...it is a secret after all. I feel bad for Nate...anyways can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice chapter! I'd reccomend changing the fot color.

Posted 13 Years Ago


hahahaha, you knew exactly what I was going to say! Other than that, I found no obvious mistakes. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked it! I'm kind of really hoping you get more action into this story! The characters are very likeable.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very entertaining story you have create. I like the characters and the situation you have put them in. This was a good chapter. The family meal making them feel alive and like real people. Left a open door for mystery with the injury of Nate? I look forward to reading more. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ