Morning Brings Change

Morning Brings Change

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

When we arrived, Elijah looked horrified. "You meant this place? Why are we going here?"

 

"I told you, Elijah. I know the owner well." I told him.

 

Rudy came to great us. "Hi Elizabeth, how are you?" Then he saw Elijah. "Lunch for two?"

 

"Hi Rudy, might I talk to you in private?" I asked nodding towards Elijah and looking around the place. "Please?"

 

"Uh..." he said, then asked Elijah, "Go ahead and seat yourself in the area. I'll be with you in a minute. Sure, Elizabeth. Let's talk in my office." 

 

"Thanks." When we got to his office, he looked at me.

 

"Now, how may I help you?" he asked.

 

"I need to ask you to lie for me." I said.

 

"Before you tell me what to lie for you, I need to know why," Rudy said in his Mexican-American accent.

 

"Because I- My friends and I- are in danger." I told him.

 

"May I ask you how, why?" he asked me.

 

"Unfortunately, I can't let you know the details.” I said mysteriously.

 

“Are you sure?” he has to ask me.

 

“I’m sure, Rudy. All I can tell you is that I’m running away from a killer and I need some information about them.” I said.

 

“Who’s the killer? I need to know more than you’re telling me if you want me to help you.”

 

“Well, the killer is Gertinald Cretin. You and your family are indeed in danger because you know me. I need you to promise that you’ll carry at least a knife at all times. Gertinald is dangerous, very dangerous. Please, if you’re family asks you why, just say that you don’t want anything bad to happen or something.”

 

He sighed, trying to figure out what I meant, or something. I don’t want to look in to his mind to find out. That, I think, I will leave to Gertinald or Shelby. “Alright. But promise me that you won’t try to kill him or do something drastic.”

 

“I’ll try my best. Now, I must get back to one of my friends. Will you come with me?” I said as I got up and walked towards the door.

 

“Sure,” Rudy finally replied. “Follow me.”  Then he opened the door and held it for me.

 

“Thanks, Rudy, in advance.” I said.

 

“No problem.”  He and I went to the table with Elijah sitting. “What would you like?” he asked me. Mainly me.

 

I nodded at his look. “A Dr. Pepper, please.” I ordered.

 

“Alright.”

 

After he left, Elijah looked at me. “What happened in there? What did you talk about?”

 

I looked away. “Elijah, what you have to know is that Rudy is very kind to my family. He’s one of our best friends. I had to tell him something between us, and only between us.” I said, and then looked up. “You do not need to know what was said behind those closed doors. And I assume that you were trying to listen in on our conversation.”

 

“Alright, alright. I surrender. I did try to listen in on ya’lls conversation, but was pushed away by one of the waitresses, so I didn’t hear anything.” I knew it. I just knew it.

 

“We need to go to the library. I think I forgot something there.” I lied. In truth, there were clues there, leading us to Nathan. Writings, at a bridge. I wanted to see them, but I need backup. In this case, Elijah will just have to do, even if I’d much rather have my friends Ayesha or Haylee be my backup or lookout…. He’ll just have to do.

 

“What?” he sounded surprised. I’m glad, but I don’t know why.

 

“Come on, we’ve got to hurry.” I sipped one more time of my Dr. Pepper, paid the check, and then ran off without waiting for Elijah. I knew I didn’t have to worry, 3 seconds later; he showed up right by my side and ran past me. I laughed. Of course, he always liked to show off how fast he was, and is.

 

He slowed down a bit. “What?”  He looked confused.

 

I smiled. “Nothing.  We have to go to the bridge, below I mean. In the creak.” I said, specifying where to go.

 

“Uh… Why?” He’s sometimes so arrogant. You do not question something like this. Oh, wait. I forgot, I have not told him why…

 

“Just wait, you!” I had to hold myself from saying “idiot” I could not help it. At least I said it under my breath… I think.

 

“What?” he said.

 

“Nothing, just go, Elijah!” I said a little too loudly.

 

“What’s the hurry, Elizabeth?” Elijah asked.

 

“Just go, Elijah. Just go.” I said, trying to calm down more.

 

“Alright, alright. We are almost there, see? I can see The Library,” he announced.

 

Yes, yes. We are close.  Now I have to get down to the bridge.  “Yes, you’re correct. We have to get below the bridge.”

 

When we got there, I looked at the posts. I was right. Someone did place an object there. Presumably for us to find? Someone wanted us to find it. Or maybe this was just a hiding place? So many questions, so little time to answer them.

 

__~*@*~__

 

Gone. That is what they were. I could not find them anywhere. I ran back inside to grab a photo and put on some better running shoes. Then I took my bike out, wheeled it out of the garage, hoped on, and rode out of the lot and on to the street.

 

I saw some people turn onto Jefferson St. and decided to follow them there. It may be them, it may not be them.  It took me half an hour to get to Jefferson St. but I was walking my bike. I did not feel like riding it yet. (I got off at Central St.)  I got there, saw a restraunt, and remembered that Elizabeth once told me that her grandparents were friends with the owner, so I went inside.

 

“Hello, how may I help you?” Accented a deep male voice. I turned to my left and saw a shorter Mexican dude with a heavy accent.

 

“You’re Rudy, right?”I asked. He nodded.

 

“Yes.” He said it more like a question…

 

“Can you help me? I’m looking for Elizabeth Jaco, Jo and Wes Stephens’ granddaughter?”

 

“I do not know of any Jo and Wes Stephens, or any Elizabeth Jaco’s. Now, if you don’t mind, I have work to attend to.” Rudy said rather rudely.

 

“Thanks for not helping. She’s missing, you know. If you have seen her today, now would be a great time to say it.” I said.

 

“Alright. What do you want?”

 

“So you have seen her? I want to know where I can find them. A killer’s after them, and I need to find them before the killer does.”

 

“I saw them, okay? They went that a way. Go, go find them. Meanwhile, I need to work.”

 

“Thanks for your help, Mr. Rudy!” I said as I opened the door and got back on my bike. I’ve wasted half an hour. I can’t waste anymore time.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
By the way, Elizabeth is 18, Elijah is 17, Haylee is 15, and Nathan is 10. It's during the Summer, so there's no school, or any school references.

Questions:

1. What do you think Elizabeth saw under the bridge?
2. What do you think the clue is?
3. What is Elijah's reaction going to be when he finds out about the clue?
4. What about Haylee's reaction?
5. What is the best part about this chapter?
6. What is the best scene in the book?
7. Who's your favorite character? (Other than Haylee)
8. Do you like Rudy?
9. Do you think the story's going to get creepier?
10. Do you think that there is going to be more violence in the next couple of chapters?
11. Do you think Haylee saw Elizabeth and Elijah?

Alrighty, I think that's enough questions for now...
Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A strong chapter. I like the mystery at the beginning. Needing a lie for unknown reasons. I like the game of hide and seek with the killer. I like the complete tale. Strong characters and a very good storyline. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this chapter. It was interesting and I think she just found like a random object leading them to Nate. He's probably going to be happier than normal. The best part is that I know they left Haylee. I think she's just a stupid little stalker that doesn't need to be there. Elijah and Elizabeth. He seems cool. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

616 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..