Night Night. Day Day.

Night Night. Day Day.

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

So we searched the grounds in search of any signs, any clues. Did we find anything? No, not unless you call tired a clue. Yes, you can say that I may have been excessively annoying, or rude, but I’m tired.

 

I told them to stop, that I was tired. Did they listen to me? No. Not exactly.

 

“Really, guys. Can’t we please stop and go to sleep?” I said.

 

“I’d rather not sleep in the grass and leaves outside.” Elizabeth said, then at my glare, “I’m joking, gosh. No, actually, we can search the perimeter. Don’t give me that look, only one more time, just in case there isn’t something there.” She looked at Elijah expectantly.

 

“I agree with Elizabeth,” he said. “Don’t give me that look, Hales. I think we should search the perimeter more than one more time, but that’s just me.”

 

I smothered a sigh. “Fine!”  I said. “Be that way!”

 

We searched one time, and then they let me go to bed. Elijah and Elizabeth stayed out.  I briefly wondered what they were doing, but really wanted to go to bed, so I plopped on my bed and fell fast asleep.

 

Meanwhile, I was in Dreamland, I was sure of that.

 

A dark mist covered the street. Trees were moving their leaves gracefully. An alleyway opened in front of me with no exit. Behind me, the alleyway closed me in. There was a tiny speck of light behind me. I walked forward, stopping at every single little step. Every step that I took, the trees came closer to me, closing in on me, making it impossible to escape.

Something suddenly moves. “Who’s there?” I yell. The thing comes closer to me. I step back. He steps closer two paces.

“Haylee” A voice whispers. “Haylee” It whispers again.

“I said who’s there!” I yelled again. I feel sweat come down my face. I turn around and run as fast as I can. Something blocked me. I’m trapped. “What is it with you people?” I yell at the person behind me, then turned around and started running that way. Again, I’m blocked.

 

“Haylee!” I hear again, this time slightly louder. “Haylee, what are you doing?” I turned around. Shadows still turning. I then jumped out of the alley and into a ton of forest trees and ivy. I ran further and further, but I seem to be going in circles. “Haylee!” I hear again. “Haylee, wake up!”

 

I woke up, on the floor, sweaty and at the feet of my mother.  “What happened, Mom?” I asked her.

 

“You were having a nightmare,” she told me. I sat up, and she sat down on my bed. “Do you want to talk about?”

 

“No. I’d rather not.” I told her.

 

“Then do you mind telling me about Elijah and Elizabeth?” She said. It was more of an order than a question.

 

“If Elijah hasn’t told you, then I don’t think I should,” I said.

 

“He told me that he and Elizabeth were in trouble. Mind expanding?”

 

“No. I’m sorry; Mom, but I can’t tell you anything.”

 

“Well, if you want to tell me, please do.” She got up and left. I sighed a relief; she didn’t push me too hard, Thank God.

 

“Wait.” I said suddenly. “Mom, they are in trouble. We called the police on it, but they can’t-won’t help them. I’m involved too, but that’s it. That’s all I can tell you.”

She looked a little worried, but cleared up quickly. “Alright. If you want to tell me more, please do.” She turned around and left me in my room.

 

I got up, went back into bed, and went to sleep. However, this time, I wasn’t having a nightmare.

 

__~__

 

5 hours later, it’s 8 a.m.  I wake up without wanting to. I got out of bed, defeated with exhaustion. I walked out of my room. I looked over to my brothers’ bedroom and saw that both their beds were empty and unmade. I walked into the kitchen, poured me a bowl of cereal, and then walked into the TV room.

No one was there. I rushed eating my cereal, ran back to my room, and got dressed quickly. I am going to find them, even if it’s the last thing I do as a pure human, I’m going to find my brothers.

__~*@*~__

 

I woke up quickly and through my clothes on. I went outside then called Elizabeth to come out. I have a good feeling that this day will be productive.  When Elizabeth came out, it shattered my feeling of the day going to be productive.

 

“What?” she said as she walked out. She wore a no-sleeve top with flowers all over it and a pair of light blue flare jeans. She didn’t have her glasses on, and her hair was tied up in a ponytail. Her wrists carried a blue bracelet, two red scrunches, and a blue digital watch. “Come on, we’ve got to get going now.”

 

“Okay.” I said, surprised. “Where are we going today?”

“Wherever are we going today?” I asked her.

 

“Elijah, not ‘wherever are we going today,’ it’s ‘wherever are we going to go today,”  she corrected me.

 

“Grammar Police” I said under my breath.

 

“What’s that?” she asked, smiling at me.

 

“Nothing,” I said, “Nothing, Elizabeth.”

 

“You think so?” she said, “Elijah, let’s go to this Mexican restraunt to get a drink. I need to talk to the owner.”

 

“Alright.” I had no idea about what was about to happen. This is going to be a long, long day.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Sorry it's so short. I had to rewrite it. I don't like the one I had written in my notebook... It'll get better, I hope, and promise.

So, other than being short, how was it?

Who's your favorite character?

What do you think Elijah means by "I had no idea about what was about to happen. This is going to be a long, long day." ?

Do you think that Haylee is going to find Elijah and/or Nathan?


Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good chapter. I like the beginning. I like all the characters. I like how you are create interesting situations and is making this story fun to read. I like how she awoke in her bed. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked the chapter. I didn't like Haylee of course...she is annoying no matter what she does. I'm glad they left her out this time. Anyway can't wait to move on. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


We all have those chapters were we don't like it, but it'l gett better I promise. I even liked this chapter. :)

I liked Haylee in this one.

Keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


yeah iots good and no no worries you put it well in short way nice chapter!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Length doesn't matter. It was great short or long. Good job.
I think Haylee is my favorite character right now. She just seems so strong. I definitely like her! :)
I think Elijah means that he was nervous about what was going to come, which I know from experience slows the day down and makes it drag on and on.
I hope Haylee finds Elijah and Nathan. :)
Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a good chapter. I had to laugh at Elizabeth's uptight attitude.
I'd like to see Haylee save the day. The friendship the characters display
makes you just want a happy ending for them.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

766 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 12, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rescue Rescue

A Poem by Kat Plunkett


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster