Adventure Back

Adventure Back

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

When I woke up, I was lazy. Maybe because it was from last night, telling her that late, or early, in the dark night. I was so tired, that I was awake, but didn't move any muscle in my body. Not even the paranormal ones. As my eyelids raced up and down sleepily, I wondered if Elijah was up yet, so I sent him a cannonball. Are you awake yet? 
Yes, of course I am. Are you?

No, duh! I'm so sleepy though.

Okay... Come on out and help me with my annoying sister. Oh yeah! We had to go back and look for Nathan today! I'd almost forgotten. 
On my way. Be there in a couple of minutes. I rubbed my eyes, and tried to wake up quickly. I swiftly put my clothes on, went to the restroom and splashed freezing cold water onto my sleepy face. I then practically ran into the kitchen and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. I found my grandmother talking on her phone, as she always did, on the porch. I told her in between bites of cereal that I was going to go downtown today. She'd never let me go down that street. Never. Once I finished my cereal, I put the bowl in the washer and kissed her good-bye. I ran across the street and found Haylee and Elijah waiting there for me, with an anxious look on their faces. 
"You said a couple of minutes. What kept you?" Elijah asked me, clearly annoyed. He had mood swings that were almost unbearable.
"Sorry. My grandmother kept asking me to do things," I replied.
"Well come on now. We'll be going by bikes and motor scooters. But Elizabeth, be prepared to lose the motor when we need to be stealthy." Elijah informed us. Funny, wasn't I the one supposed to inform us?
Okay, so I was informing the group that we were going to save Nathan by bikes and scooters. Once Elizabeth got her Grandfather's scooter, we rode together quickly to Beethoven Avenue. We rode up and down, back and forth, but couldn't find one trace of my brother. Where had he gone?

"Maybe he's not here." Haylee said, her eyes pouting. She clearly wanted to find him.

"Let's go once more up and down. Stop by any house and search it if it looks anything out of the ordinary." Elizabeth told the group.

"Uh, Elizabeth, has it escaped your notice, EVERY house on this street is abnormal." Haylee informed her. I secretly agreed with Haylee, but didn't say anything.

"I mean any house that looks anything like what'll hold Nathan. Trashed, blood stains..." She trailed off, looking toward our right, her face confused. Did she find a clue, or was she thinking? "Like that." She pointed to the side of the road and we pulled over to get a better look at what it was. It was a small blood stain in the shape of a tear drop. The person bleeding was on the move. It pointed to a house right in front of it. The house was beige with black trimming. It was made of that wood stuff they use to build houses now. The house looked spooky, dark in side, the windows were nailed shut. The grass was way overgrown. It looked as if nobody lived there for a century. Surely Nathan wouldn't be in here? 

When I saw the house, I wasn't sure we should go into it. Maybe Elijah and Elizabeth were wrong, and Nathan, if that's whose blood that was on the road, was leaving the house and going to the house diagonal from this house. 

"Are you sure we should go in to this old, ripped house?" I asked them.

"Yeah, but you stay here. Elijah, stay in the front room and wait for me to give you too a signal. I don't want either of you to get hurt if I can help it." Elizabeth replied to me. I did as she asked, bored. I looked at the other house and thought that maybe, just maybe, I should go have a look over there. I looked at Elijah's face, which definitely looked very scared. I decided that I shouldn't leave him here, so I stayed, unhappily. I thought that this was going to be fun, adventurous, not boring, and still!

"Come in, you have to see this, Haylee, Elijah!" Elizabeth practically yelled. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, and went to where her voice sounded. When I got there, I was genuinely surprised at what my eyes set on.

I entered into the house, and looked all through it. It was vacant and boring. White walls, tan carpets, that sort of thing. There were dead bugs everywhere, and you really had to watch your step. I walked into what would've been a bedroom and saw that the only piece of furniture in the house was a blood-stained couch. Despite the blood, the couch was wooden framed with a white and forest green pattern to the fabric. It looked like stabbed a white and green zebra. Okay, so somebody had been here and laid at this couch in this room. The spots were large enough to see that this person had lost a lot of blood. If Nate was this person, surely he'd had died. 

"Come in! You have to see this! Haylee, Elijah!" I called to the others just waiting for me to yell for outside. They needed to see this because our mystery and problems just grew much larger. 


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Okay, now it's done. I don't like how short it is, but something happened, and I couldn't really extend it without people loosing interest. Did you like it? I'm tring to make my chapters much longer, but not succeeding much. Well, anyways, did you like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the cliffhanger at the end of this. I have a bad feeling about what she had actually found. I loved the start to this to the ending this chapter. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Coyote: It started off interesting and then ended knowing anything could happen. Wonderful job:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this chapter. Started off with a interesting start and ended with a open ending. I like when the chapter leave a question mark for the next chapter. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Maybe because it was from last night, telling her that late, or early, in the dark night." This sentence reads oddly to me. "Perhaps from last night, when we decided to tell her that late, or early, when darkness still plagued the sky" or something along those lines. Mostly changing the "mostly because it was from last night"

Careful about your commas! Go over the rules again and edit this. Otherwise I'd say a lot more details and a lot more emotion. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011
Previous Versions

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ