Mornings Are Fun, Don't You Think?

Mornings Are Fun, Don't You Think?

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

I left Elizabeth and took Haylee home. I almost slammed the door shut, but didn't. Thank God I didn't. My parents were still up, apparently, and watching the TV so loud that they didn't hear us coming in. I set her down on her bed and woke her up for a few seconds. 
"Haylee, we're home. Wake up." I softly shook her. As tired as I was, I really didn't need to start a fight.
She barely opened her eyes. "Huuhhh?" She said sleepily.
"Wake up. We're home." I said.
"So?" Now she was looking at me with anger.
"So, you need to get ready for bed. Brush your teeth, that stuff." I said. I didn't think she'd question, so I had to come up with things.
"I'll do that in the morning." She said, laying her head back on the pillow. Fine.
Come to think of it, I should probably go to sleep now as well. I'd bet that Elizabeth is already sleeping. Hopefully, we'll get up earlier in the morning and set out to find Nathan again. This time, not with Haylee.
With that in my mind, I, also climbed up my bunk bed latter and softly laid my head on my pillow. I slowly went to sleep.
_~*@*~_

After my brother rudely woke me up, I fell right back to sleep. Man, I was tired. When I woke up, he was still sleeping. Let him sleep. He let me ride on his back all the way home last night. He can have a little more sleep. 

I walked into the kitchen, and made myself a bowl of cereal. I then walked into the TV room and turned on the TV, lowering the volume. After about an hour of watching Chowder, Elijah walked in. He seamed a bit mad that I hadn't woken him up. Then again, he was anything but  a morning person. 

"Why do you seam like you're mad at me?" I asked him.

"Because you didn't wake me up," he replied. 

"I thought you'd like more rest after all that happened yesterday." I defended myself.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" 

"Sleeping." I told him.

"Oh. I'm going to make a bowl of cereal and eat it quick. I'd suggest the same thing for you." he said.

"I already ate," I told him, "An hour ago."

"Well then get dressed," he told me, "Quickly."

"Okay, fine. What's it about this time?" I asked, but before he could answer, I ran into my room and shut the door so that I could get into my closet.

_~*@*~_

When I woke up, Tiberius was still sleeping beside me. I blinked my eyes a few times then reached for my dark blue glasses on my antique nightstand. I got out of bed and walked over to the door and turned on the fanlight. By then, Tiberius woke up. I opened my dresser drawr and pulled out my clothes to wear. After I put those on, I went to the front of the house. Jomama and Grandfarter, my grandparents, were already awake. Grandfarter had left some sausage patties on the stove for me to eat. I plucked one from the dish on the stovetop and walked outside to join them. 

A few minutes later, I asked if I could take Tiberius for a walk. They said yes. 

I walked into the laundry room, where the leashes were kept and grabbed the first one that my hands laid on. I walked outside to the hallway, and told Tiberius to get onto the chair, he did so. I clicked on the leash then headed for the twin doors to our front porch. I walked him across the street to Haylee and Elijah's and knocked on the door.

"You know you could've just asked me to come out." Elijah said, coming outside with Haylee. 

"Yes, but my grandparents are watching. They still don't know."

"I thought you said they did know." He questioned me.

"No, I said my parents knew, not my grandparents." I replied.

"Oh. So where are we going?" Haylee asked me, "What are we going to do today?" She added.

I looked at Elijah and he sent me a message. Same thing as yesterday. I want to leave her home so that she won't slow us down or attract further trouble.

I'll see if I can talk that into her. She really looks like she wants to continue our search though. It may be a bit harder to convince her not to come.

Yeah, I know. That's why I wanted you to tell her, not me. She's not going to listen to me. 

I'll try. Tiberius might be helpful though. I sent to him. I looked down at Tiberius. He perked up.

How? He's just a little dog.

Looks can be misleading, Elijah Hawks. Tiberius sent him.

Your point, Tiberius?

My point is that you don't know how capable I am based on my size.

Okay, fine, Tiberius. You can't that fast, can you?

Yes, faster than any normal human. 

Fine, can you look after and fight for Haylee?

Yes. I've personally met Gertinald and I know how to keep him off her.

You can't die. I said to him, What would Jomama do without you?

I won't. I promise. Now, can we get going? Tiberius said.

Is Haylee coming? I asked Elijah.

"She might as well." He replied out loud so that all of us can hear.

"What?" Haylee questioned us. "What are you people talking about now?"

"Oh, it's nothing to worry about." I said with a look towards Elijah. "We should get going. Let's start off at the Cafe. There might be something there that we missed while trying to rescue Haylee."

So we went to the Cafe On Broadway.


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Sorry it took so long to type it up... I had....Distractions to deal with. I don't think it'll take so long to get another one up. Well, except for the 23rd, I'll not be online, nor anywhere near a computer. But I promise that I'll try to get a lot of chapters done during those five days that I'm not on here. Oh, Grand, when can you hurry up and come already?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good chapter. Ugh why is the brat going? She really needs to stay home. She is just going to get in the way like the other time. I really don't like her...I think you can tell...I like Tiberous. Good write. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. I like the family interaction and the escape to the cafe. The story is getting stronger. I like the storyline and the plot. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was done very well and interestingly too. I think that the colors are a little bright and distract, but I could be wrong. I mean, at the same time it adds a little something to it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it, there were a few spelling errors but nothing to go all spelling Nazi on :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its reallly interesting !!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

610 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..