More Embarrassment

More Embarrassment

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

The nurse came in and asked Elijah and Haylee to leave once I replied ‘Oh, indeed’ to Elijah. She then gave me some medications and I fell fast asleep.

__~*@*~__

 

In the dreams, Elizabeth saw many more of her memories, mostly the embarrassing ones for her.

 

July 5th, 2010. Elizabeth and her grandmother went to Wal-Mart Mrs. Stephens’ medicine. On the way into the store, someone spots Elizabeth and yells, “Hi, Elizabeth.” She turns around and says hi back, barely getting a glance at who said it.

“Who was that?” Mrs. Stephens’ asked.

 

“Elijah, you know from across the street.” Elizabeth replied.

 

“Oh.”

 

--

 

The scene shifts. It is now the day before Elizabeth leaves to go back to Houston. She grabs her two dogs’ leashes and puts three dogs on the leash: Tiger Eye, the dog that Elizabeth’s family rescued, Ruby, the Australian Shepherd that Elizabeth’s mother owned since Elizabeth was in the 5th grade, and Tiberius, Elizabeth’s grandmother’s pup. She then opened the gate and walked over to Haylee and Elijah’s house across the street and knocks on the door. The scene freezes, and she wakes up.

 

__~*@*~__

 

I wake up sweating after seeing that last embarrassing moment. I look around the room and see a nurse come hurrying into my room.

 

“What’s going on?” I ask the nurse.

 

“You need to sleep, ma’am,” was her only reply.

 

“But I don’t want to sleep,” I requested.

 

“No. Ms. Jacks, you must sleep,” she replies. I hate it when people call me by my last name. Jacks just seems like a male name, not a person like me.

 

“Don’t. Call. Me. That.” I say, pronouncing every word as slowly as I could to maximize the annoyance she causes by calling me by my last name.

 

“Okay, okay. Elizabeth, you must sleep.” She punched the Morphine button, and I fell asleep again. Annoyingly.

__~*@*~__

 

Spring Break 2011, Elizabeth and her friends are on Central St. They’re watching these two figures at a fair distance. Their goal is to smash whatever they have planed, or so they thought.

 

Summer 2011, Elizabeth is at her home in Houston, looking at her computer and staring at a picture of her grandparents house. She’s doing nothing but staring at the picture, thinking of her memories over the years in Arkansas. She’s sad that she’s not there now, but knows that she’s going to be there in a couple of weeks.

 

She wakes up once more.

 

__~*@*~__

 

Thanks to Elizabeth’s information, I knew it would only be a matter of time before we found Nathan. I went over to the local police station and asked what they had on her case.

 

“I’m Detective Emma Harding. I’m heading Elizabeth Jacks’ case. They said you had questions?” the Detective said.

 

“Yes,” I replied, unsure what would happen next, “I do.”

 

“Then shoot. Anything to help us get her avenged will help.”

 

“Actually, I have a long story to tell you. The story of why we were at the place we were at when she was stabbed.” I looked at her, and she nodded her head expectantly. “We were trying to find my brother Nathan Hawks. We went to the library to think, it was her favorite place to think, around books, and quiet.” She looked annoyed, and I realized that I was rambling. “Sorry.” I said quickly, “She said we should look around the neighborhood, and she pointed up the hill, so we ran up the hill and hid behind a tree when a car pulled up in front of a mansion, the mansion she was stabbed at. We watched as the man got out of the car, and she said it looked like her cousin. He went in, so she went to his car. A minute later, he came back out, grabbed her, and pushed her against a tree. They stood there for a few minutes, with their voices rising higher and higher as they were obviously in a fight, when she suddenly kicks him, and he falls over. I took that as my clue, and ran hurriedly inside. I know it’s wrong, but I thought I might find a clue to my brother.”

 

“Yes, that was a bad thing to do. They could file Trespassing charges against you.” Detective Emma Harding said.

 

“I know, I was just trying to find my brother. I searched the house for any sign, just chains or my brother. I swear I didn’t open anything. I swear I didn’t take anything. But they nearly caught me. I was peaking in their master bathroom when they came into their master bedroom. Some people named Don and Tana. Do you know them?”

 

“Yes, Don Monte runs the museum in town. Tana Island’s mother works at the Chamber.”  Now I have even more information about these mysterious Don and Tana people.

 

“Do you know why they would hate Elizabeth Jacks?” I asked.

 

“No idea. Do you know?” Detective Harding asked. I shook my head. “Continue with your story.

 

“Well they were having a heated conversation about why Elizabeth would hate Don. I was only wondering why she would hate either of them. I didn’t even know them. Anyways, after debating Elizabeth’s relationship with Alex Paine, her cousin that she hated, the doorbell rang, and they left. The person who rang the doorbell was my sister, Haylee Hawks. She’s the one who found Lizzie down at the hospital.”

 

“Okay, thanks for your story. Is there anything else?” Yes, Detective, but I’ll get back to you later about them.

 

“No, Detective Harding. But I do have to say something. Have you ever traveled down on Beethoven’s Avenue? If not, don’t ever go there. Although, it could use some officers stationed there.” I dropped by her. Maybe she’ll get the clue, maybe she won’t.

 

“I’ll think on that.” She replied, then released me on to the streets. Now, I go get Haylee.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this. It was pretty interesting. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was an interesting chapter. Ugh Alex needs to go to jail or die or something. Nathan he needs to go back on the light side. I hate him now. I thought the scene at the police station was interesting. Good write. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked the flashbacks :) Very interesting chapter. I like the detective too!

Posted 12 Years Ago


dang ! mysterious people are don and tana keep goign!!:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely done. Go through and read it a little bit. Some minor spelling mistakes that you can catch. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting chapter.
Can't wait to read more.

I like the transisitons in this
chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

478 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on August 1, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..