Baggy Bags

Baggy Bags

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

When Elizabeth opened the bag, a surprise was seen. "Who is this guy?" I asked stupidly. I think she knew who he was. And she probably isn't happy about seeing this. "Who is it, Elizabeth?" I asked again.
"Haylee, meet Gertinald. Gertinald, if you were alive, you'd meet Haylee." Gertinald? Where had I heard that name?
At my puzzled look, Elizabeth answered my question. "Gertinald, the werewolf who turned me. Hales, remember? Remember the 2a.m. visit in your room last night?" Did I meantion that I hate that nickname?
"Yes... But I didn't remember the name you said. So this guy's a werewolf?" I changed the subject.
"Yes. A very bad one at that. He's cruel and vile. I saw him alive last night... I wonder how long he's been dead?" She said. The last part was probably supposed to be under her breath... Probably.
"Okay...Wait, he's who you were talking about?" I asked her again.
"Yes. Where have you been for the last couple of minutes?" She asked me. Uh... In my own mind. Duh.
"I don't know. Here, in this junkyard." I replied, sarcastically, waving my hand towards the homeless stuff.
"Why don't you call your home and see if Nathan returned?" Elizabeth implied toward Elijah, taking out her blue, touch-screen-like phone and handed it to him. 

Elijah started dialing the number of our house when he looked toward Elizabeth, sideways. What was happening? I could tell that they're chatting silently, but I have no idea about what. He looked back at the phone and started again dialing.
When Elizabeth handed the phone to me, and I started dialing our phone number. When I got to the 6th or 7th number in our phone number, I saw something move in the swaying in the wind. I looked up at Elizabeth and sent in our mind talk thingy, Did you see that? 

Yes, now keep dialing. We can't be obvious.

What'd ya mean by we can't be obvious?

I mean that Gertinald was in that crime bag. 

And? Your point being?

Well, we've got a non-werewolf around. 

Get to the point!

Haylee, you idiot! 

And? What about her?

Something doesn't add up. 

Okay, you're just now realizing this?

No, not really.

Then what's your point?

My point is that you have to get her out of here. Elizabeth replied, finally.

What'd ya mean? I asked her, unsure of what the answer may contain.

I mean that we must protect her. We must not let her become like us, no matter what. She replied, suspiciously secretive. She wasn't telling me something. Something, I had a feeling, that was very important. Like why Gertinald's body was in the bag. Maybe something like that.

Okay. I agree with that. But what are you hiding? Something's wrong, I can tell. I told her, kicking myself for being so upfront. She'd never let up!

I'm sorry. I can't tell you here. Not here, not now. Take her somewhere, somewhere safe. Just not home. Do not take her anywhere near home. Go to some place else, someplace public.

Okay, where do you suggest? I asked her, not sure of the answer she'd give.

I don't know. I can't tell. Now go. Now. Take her somewhere away, I'll be fine. Do not even think about coming back here, and do not leave her alone!

Okay, okay! I'll get her. I told her, giving back her phone. 

She shoved it back to me saying, I'll talk to you in other ways. Keep my phone. Just go. Now.

I nodded and stuck the phone into my pocket and ran. I ran toward Haylee and grabbed her arm then keep running. I don't think she liked it, but who cared? We needed to get her out of here, and quickly. I needed to get Haylee someplace safe, someplace far. Perhaps a place that was crowded? We ran off the Avenue and onto Washington. Then from Washington, we turned left onto Main St. We went downtown on Main St. We came to a stop sign on Broadway St. and turned onto Broadway. We went up it until we reached the Broadway Cafe, then parked our bikes and went in. I bought Haylee a drink and a pastry. 

"I have to help her, Haylee. She's in trouble, I just don't know what kind of trouble yet..." I said to Haylee, trailing off into thought. I needed to get out. "Stay away from windows, and blend into the crowd." I told her. "I'll come back. Don't leave until I come. Do nothing. Just say that you're waiting for someone if anybody asks you, okay?" I didn't wait for an answer, I just left her there, nursing her cola down. 


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
NOT AGAIN! I had completed it, but when I was saving it, I accidentally pressed the backspace button and it all was ERASED! Ugh! I'll type up a different part later. I don't have the time to type it all again.


I hope you like the Cliff-Hanger I had...

So, was it better? I think I got the length better, but not by much...

Any feedback would be great!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this was a really nicely written chapter. I can't wait to read more...and Elizabeth told Elijah not to leave his sister alone...he doesn't know how to listen, but him and Elizabeth are my favorite characters. I liked the cliffhanger. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Blue is for Haylee, Pink is for ELizabeth, Green is for Elijah

Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay, I hate how your changing the points of views. I know you have it labeled by color but it is confusing me. When I read I don't notice the color at all, unless its super bright and hard to read. Plus, I forget what color stands for what character.

Other than that this chapter was really good. :) THis is interesting and I do like the cliffhanger. Keep up the great work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong chapter. I like the reaction to the body. Sort of a surprise. The storyline is getting stronger. Thank you for sharing this entertaining story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"When Elizabeth opened the bag, a surprise was seen." That's an awkward sentence. Maybe "the thing inside caught her by surprise" or something along those lines. "2( )a.m." "We needed to get her out of here, and quickly." No comma.

I liked the last two paragraphs. But I would add some more detail about what Gertinald's body looked like, so it would be obvious that it was another werewolf, not some Hoodlum Joe that decided he needed to die for merely existing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

550 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ