Finding My 'Kids'

Finding My 'Kids'

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

“Now, can I hear the message he left you?” Detective Harding asked.

 

“Actually, Emma, I answered it, so there wasn’t a message,” I looked at her. She looked stern. “But you can check to find if there’s some part of my phone that holds information about the call I received.” I tried to stay calm.

 

“Sure,” she held out her hand, so I dug in my pocket to find my phone. “I’ll ask our tech and see if she could find something. Some phones have the tracing calls, and some phones don’t. I think that this phone does,” Emma said as she looked at the screen, and then flipped to see the back.

 

“Okay, but if my grandmother ever calls, I have to answer,” I warned her. My grandmother is overprotective. She freaks out if I do not answer my phone. It’s so annoying.

 

“I’ll make sure that you can answer it when she calls,” Emma said getting up and leaving us at her table to talk. I noticed her hand slipped her phone. Great, she’ll have someone listening in on us.

 

“Now what, Elizabeth?” Elijah asked.

 

Now, we talk. They’re listening in on us.

 

How?

 

See that phone? It’s slipped and on. That’s how.

 

But why would they do that?

To may sure that we’re in no part of your siblings’ kidnapping, duh.

 

Oh.  He sent stupidly.

 

We quit talking because Emma walked back into the room. “Looks like you passed our test,” Emma said. “You, in particular, Elizabeth.”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked for the sake of Elijah. I knew exactly what she meant.

 

“Oh, when you answered your phone, you did exactly what we would have wanted you to do, ask to speak to your children, or in this case, your friends. You pretended that you were their mother. We still can’t get a hold of who called you, but we’re breaking in as much as we could. We did, however get a location on where they were by officers that are looking for them.” Emma explained.

 

Elijah lightened at the news. “So you’re able to take them back now?” he asked.

 

“I’m sorry, Elijah, but by doing that, we’d be jeopardizing everything, including their lives. We’ll have to wait until they’re brought in the open, for the exchange for money. Don’t worry, you, Elizabeth, nor your parents, Elijah, will have to pay. We’ll give you a suitcase full of fake money.”

 

“But I thought that fake money was illegal?” Elijah screamed.

 

“Elijah, this has to be confidential. If we don’t want to alert your family about this new disappearance, then you have to stay quiet in my office.”

 

“She’s right, you know,” I couldn’t help but interject.

 

“Shut up, Elizabeth.” So rude.

 

“We’ll get them, don’t worry,” Emma replied.

 

“I know you will. I think that I’m going to go home before anything else happens. Can you call my grandmother to tell her that I’ll be home in ten?” I asked.

 

“Sure, go on home and rest. You need it after what happened,” Emma replied. “Is Elijah going with you?” Of course she’d answer.

 

“No. If Elijah goes home without Haylee, then their mother would know that something happened to her too,” I replied.

 

“Are you sure, Elizabeth?” Elijah asked.

 

I didn’t answer his question, but instead, I went outside and walked, yes walked, my way home.

 

When I got there, my grandmother was sewing again. She didn’t notice me coming in because the dogs were in the backyard stirring up a bark fest with the neighbor’s dogs. I went up behind her and covered her eyes. “Hi Elizabeth.” She welcomed me, “I didn’t see you coming in.”

 

“So I noticed. Nor did you hear me because of those pesky dogs.” I said. I removed my hands when she said my name.

 

The landline rang, and we both jumped up from our seats at the dining table to go get it. She beat me to the phone. “Wes Stephens, The Pain Relief Studios,” She answered with her normal answer-the-house-phone answer. “Ah, yes, she’s right here. Let me give the phone to her.”

 

“Hello?” I said into the phone.

 

“Hello, Elizabeth. This is-“

 

“Detective Emma Harding, I know.” I interrupted.

 

“Yes, so you know my voice, do you? Of course you do. Well, I’ve called to tell you that we’re going into the hideout and getting your ‘kids’ out. I’ll call again in approximately 10 minutes when we get them, okay?” Emma Harding said.

 

“Sure, but please talk to me only,” I requested, “She doesn’t know yet.”

 

“I see. Alright, I will.”

 

“Okay, thanks. Oh, one more thing, is he still there?” I asked, checking to see if Elijah was there like I told him to be.

 

“Yes, he is, and he’s bored out of his mind,” Emma said, a little put off. “I don’t know how you deal with the smart-alec attitude, Elizabeth. He’s annoying half of the precinct. Any suggestions?”

“Is there any baseball stuff or basketball stuff he could mess with?” I asked.

 

“I think so, but why?”

 

“He likes to play way too many videogames,” I sighed, remembering. “It’ll keep him busy for a while.”

 

“Oh, thanks, Elizabeth. We wish you wanted him to go home. So does he, apparently,” Emma reported. So Elijah wanted to be home? That’s funny.

 

I laughed a little, “Welcome to my past years. Annoying, isn’t it?” I sarcastically told her.

 

“I knew you were sarcastic, but he’s a little over-the-top annoying sarcastic. You usually had some meaning between those sarcastic lines. Him, it’s just attitude,” Emma said.

 

“Well call me back when you get them, will you?” I asked.

 

“Sure thing,” then she hung up.

 

“I’m going to go outside. I’m leaving my phone, if that’s okay,” I told my grandmother. She waved me off, so I went outside. Now, I’m going back to the station to wait.

 

~*~

 

Ten minutes later, and I was back at the station. I walked up to Emma, who welcomed me with open arms. “Why didn’t you say you were coming when we talked over the phone?” She asked.

 

“Because that would freak out my grandmother. I just told her I was going outside, but didn’t say where I was going. Who’s going in to rescue Haylee and Nathan?” I replied.

 

“A bunch of the Homicide cops. No one special. I had to stay in and take care of annoying him,” she said, pointing her head towards Elijah.

 

“Oh, come on, he can’t be that bad,” I tried to reason.

 

“Oh, have you ever seen him like that?” Emma asked.

 

“Actually, yes. Remember, I’ve known him for a while,” I replied.

 

“How long?” Like I was going to tell her, even though she was a cop.

 

“Long enough to know his tricks. He wants to go home and he figures that if he annoys the hell out of all of you, you’ll just send him home. He forgets that you can lock him up,” I replied.

 

“Oh, I see,” she said, with a questioning look, “How long have you known him for exactly?”

 

“Most of my life,” I’m not going to tell her.

 

“Oh, fine. Don’t tell me. Meanwhile, help me control him,” Detective Emma Harding told me.

 

“Sorry to disappoint you, but there’s no controlling him,” I told her, laughing. I didn’t notice that Elijah came in.

 

“Controlling who?” Elijah asked, then laughed. “They’ve arrested your cousin, Elizabeth. They arrested Alex and Don. They were the heads of the secret anti-paranormal society,” Elijah informed us.

 

“Uh… Elijah?” I tried to look confused, We’re with non-paranormal person here. Did you realize that you spoke that out loud?

 

“What? You heard that? Oh…. “ Sizzle, did we expose ourselves? More like did he expose his condition?

 

“What are you two talking about? You two are acting weirdly.”

 

“What?” I ask a little distracted, “Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.”

 

“Did they through them into the county holding facility?” Emma asked.

 

“Wait, did you say Don? Don who?” I asked.

 

“Don, you know, the guy who, uh, Alex was with, uh, that uh, day we uh…” Elijah said.

 

“Too many ‘uhs,’ Elijah. Try again,” I interrupted him, kinda.

 

Don is from the museum,  you know.

 

Oh…. That Don. Finally he’s arrested. For what?

 

The kidnappings of my siblings and attempted murder of you.

 

But he didn’t attempt to murder me. Alex, my own deranged cousin did.

 

Well, both of them are charged with the attempted murder of you.

 

Thanks, I guess. That clears it up. I hope they go away for a long time.

 

They will.

 

“Where’re they taking them? I would like to speak to my cousin,” I requested.



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Wow... This has got to be the longest chapter I've ever written....

1. How was it?

2. Do you think that Elizabeth will get to speak to her cousin, the kidnapper who attempted to murder Elizabeth?

3. How did you like the glimpse at home with her grandmother?

4. Do you like Detective Harding a little more now? Less?

5. Do you like Elizabeth's grandmother?

6. Who's your favorite character?

That's enough questions for now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought this was a really good chapter. It kept my interest. I would hope she doesn't speak to that *censor*. It was pretty good. Her grandmother is just protective of her. I think Detective Harding is cool. Elizabeth's grandmother is okay. You know the answer to the last question.
All in all...I liked this chapter. Elijah is stupid :P jk
Well he is...but I still love him. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good job, I thought it was well written. I got a good laugh at your comment about this being the longest chapter you've written (check out my "Chapter One" which is probably the shortest I've written lol).

I agree with your other reviewer...Elijah is your strongest character! Good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the mind to mind between Elijah and Elizabeth

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. Pretty good.

2. Maybe...

3. It was alright... A little boring though xD

4. A little although I doubt she would just talk to Elizabeth and Elijah. I think she would insist to talk to Elijah's Mom.

5. She's alright.

6. Elizabeth and Elijah.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

467 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing