When everything is gone

When everything is gone

A Poem by Maura Ansley

How do you speak when your very breath only aggravates the ache in your chest?

How do you speak when the lump in your throat is suffocating you?

How do you speak when the slightest word brings you to tears?

How do you speak when you can’t trust your own mouth, your own mind?


What do you say when everyone is gone?

What do you say when everything has turned against you-your friends, your family, your own mind?

What do you say when you are watching your whole world crumble to pieces, your throne destroyed? Like your childhood. Like your innocence.

What do you say when there is no more hope?


No, I’m not happy. I’m not sure I ever was.

No, I’m not okay. I’m not sure I ever will be.

© 2015 Maura Ansley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... that's just, that's deep. I can't even describe how I'm feeling right now, that's just really emotional.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am speechless. Literally. The emotion that you convey in your writing, it's astonishing. And the flow of the words is just so natural. It seems so real...wow.


Posted 8 Years Ago


The emotion in this is very touching. IT will speak to so many people as it did to me. It is good to see poetry that is about the gritty pain of human life and not just the fantasy pain.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is very wonderful. Some minor things can be done to it, but it's emotion makes it remarkable.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Maura Ansley

8 Years Ago

Could you tell me what Minor things can be done? I want to improve it in any way I can. Also, thank .. read more
Alexandra Hounschell

8 Years Ago

Last line of the first stanza: instead of a coma, use a semicolon for the correct flow of the line.<.. read more
This is a very interesting piece. I ca sense the raw emotion. Keep up the writing!!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015

Author

Maura Ansley
Maura Ansley

About
Hi! Okay, I'm a girl, I write every second of every day, and I would like to be a published author someday. more..

Writing
Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Maura Ansley