Beauty and Strength

Beauty and Strength

A Story by Kat

Listen to me when I tell you that you are beautiful. You may disagree, but let the words sink into your soul, touching something deep inside you that you’ve never felt before. I want to make you understand that God has created you to be a beautiful and unique person. Don’t look into a mirror, look into yourself. See the way your understanding and loyalty draws people in. Watch yourself one day in a simple conversation. See how the way the words fall from your lips make others subconsciously aware of the type of person that they have just been faced with.

 

You are one who deserves respect and love, and you will get it from each and every person you meet. Let a soulless person attempt to tear you down with their vile words of hate and envy. I know you, and I know that you will always rise above it, tower over their empty bodies. You have an unspeakable power that you may not realize, but it affects all of those around you. Realize that your heart and your soul can evoke emotions in others with simply a few words.

 

Now, when you take the time to look into a mirror one day, see yourself as you. Look at who you really are and do not let anything tell you that you are imperfect. Appreciate the skin, the curves that accentuate a beautiful body. Understand the difference between people and the way that you are unique from anyone else. Appreciate yourself, mind and body. You are special. You are strong.

© 2011 Kat


Author's Note

Kat
Something I came up with on the spot. It relates to personal experience I would say. I'm open to any criticism, I love knowing what you have to say.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a raving , gorgeous , eye catching baauty.
I know because you told me so.
I cannot dispute you, because your picture is
very attractive, but that is the only one. Post
more.
I know you are using beauty to express strength
and personal integrity. You are correct, you write
very well.
-----Eagle Cruagh

Posted 12 Years Ago


Outer beauty fades with time, but inner beauty thrives on the vine.

I found this story to be filled with depth and inspiration for the outright care and consideration for others. A great and inspirational story!

WindSong



Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow...I've been going through a tough time lately, well more like the past few years...and reading stuff like this really helps me feel better. It's nice to know there are still people out there who think this way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazing!!! You have a great concept of depth and emotion in this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
what a wonderful, inspiring piece. you have a gift for the appreciation of a human's soul. excellent write!


Posted 12 Years Ago


I found one flaw in this, and then realized that I had simply misread it. Very well done, and obviously deeply personal. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very inspiring and wise... our imperfections are what makes us human and unique, we all have them. True beauty lies within and those who can't see it in others live in shallow water that will one day dry up leaving them high and dry emotionally.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 27, 2011

Author

Kat
Kat

PA



About
My name is Kat, and I'm seventeen. I would describe myself as artsy. I love listening to music, reading, drawing, painting, and of course, writing! I'm taking this as an opportunity to expand my knowl.. more..

Writing
Noticing You Noticing You

A Poem by Kat


unknown unknown

A Story by Kat



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..