Mrs. Dracula.

Mrs. Dracula.

A Story by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

Just something I am playing with.

"

There was nothing I could do, standing there in that unmarked crypt, blood ruby and gold burned against the delicate finger once kept for a love unknown. A dark priest, although at the time I didn’t know he was merely a slave to my husband, smirked as he said she does.

 

I wept for what felt like centuries, but was mere decades in this now lifeless body. Tears that never stained the fine cloths of my gowns, cries never heard by his deaf ears, not man but demon, this Dracula, this nightmare, this forced love of mine.

 

One night, pick any night, there are all the same I stare after him. Blood runs cold between my now weak and torn thighs. You see making love to a demon is not a thing of pleasure. His power must be doled out at all given chances. Slithering between my legs, he kisses me hard against my blue lips. His touch and torment I've grown accustomed to over the millennia, however it's his whispered words that leave fresh marks against my stolen soul.

 

"My Catherine, my love, my wife. You know I feel your pain a fresh each time I come to you, I can't be without your green eyes, the scream the words you won’t say, they are your tell my sweet w***e, you loathe me. I rip you from your mothers’ breast and married you, a mere slip of a girl of all your 14 years, now hundreds, but are you not grateful I left you to a woman’s body and then sealed within this gaol of flesh. Your beauty will never know the disease of age, you breast still plump for my teeth, and ah, no seed will ever power your womb to give life. You are mine, forever; remember it’s the love I have for you that keeps your weak spirit tied forever to me, Mrs Dracula"

 

Leaving me, bleeding and broke once again, he screamed in laughter as he flew to his next meal, more than likely a substitute for the Catherine he once knew, a warm Catherine, a Catherine that coward against his evil.

 

This gaol however, is not without escape, as my Mother once told me, men are stupid creature, driven by desire - give them nothing of your soul. I smiled for the first time in years, that funny little thought; Dracula - The widow - wood released me from my torment, simple oak! My only regret in my action would be his face, the grimace as he fished that blood ruby and gold ring from the ashes of his teenage bride.

One always hears that our life’s pass before our eyes, I was soon to know that the same is for the already dead. The newly sharp bed post pierced my breast bone and made haste for my willing heart, when time suddenly had meaning again, and stopped for the dead to ponder.

 

My mind, as tortured as it was laid heavy on a century before, when Wilde laid with Boise. Memory fails details, but in that one moment of clarity, I remember that sweet girl. My dear husband had pulled her from the nunnery and made her mad with demonic vision. He had her chained in our dining room, yes; even creatures such as us must keep pretence.

 

 

Her naked body, all eighteen years of hit hung heavy against the steel shackles. Perfectly, if not tainted a little with sweat and fear, blonde hair, in the fashion of the day but begging to leave her clips. Milky skin clung to that liquid fire that lay beneath �" purples and greens, reds and pinks and number of veins for the taking. N****e s hardened by the cold, in his mind of course it was for yearning of his throbbing body, but I knew better. I refused to take part in his kills, the one luxury he afforded me, however flaunting this delectable meal; I savoured her scent in the air.

 

 

I needed to taste, just taste �" my lips searched her with urgency, her breath like some fantastic farm animal, I could take no longer. Laying my ice hands against her collar I lapped at the untainted skin of her neck, then pain followed. His nails dug into the back of my head, the felt like nails dragging against cotton, flying against the fire, not lit, I looked into her eyes as he danced around our coffins. “Not for you my sweet Catherine, Not for you!”

 

The point pieced the black flesh that never beat beneath my bosom, will he laugh at the ashes now staining his bed.

 

 

 

Watching him gave me the ultimate high, the blood that flowed truly was for me, albeit the ash that displayed my form perfectly. The oak of the frame held him against his own weight. The mistress he used for an age now gone.

 

The peace that now filled my mind was only sweetened by his pink stained cheeks, the first colour I've ever noticed on his icy expression. If anybody was watching this scene, would presume he loved the wretched creature he created.

 

Good-bye my sweet prince, spend your years alone, your Mrs Dracula.

© 2012 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Honesty my darlings x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh no! Not another vampire story! Well... okay this is an unusual take :) This write is chock full o' sensual imagery and this sentiment for the death of the undead is delightfully contradictory. I'm left somewhat confused about what actually killed (if that's the correct term) Dracula, though I sense that's yet another story. So, yes, even though this is a revamp on a vamp theme, I must say nicley written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you Jack!


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

cool twist on an awesome tale!

Posted 11 Years Ago


what a great story! Dark and painful gruesome and erotic. I thought for sure she was about to take her own life, then you switched it up! Very powerful, I loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a truly fascinating take on the vampire craze, and so incredibly grim. It really is brilliant aside from a few type-o's and run on sentences.

For instance, it should be "your green eyes, THEY scream" in the lines, ""My Catherine, my love, my wife. You know I feel your pain a fresh each time I come to you, I can't be without your green eyes, the scream the words you won’t say, they are your tell my sweet w***e, you loathe me..."

Similarly, it should be "broken" in the lines, "Leaving me, bleeding and broke once again, he screamed in laughter as he flew to his next meal, more than likely a substitute for the Catherine he once knew, a warm Catherine, a Catherine that coward against his evil." Also, the word "cowed" seems more appropriate than "coward".

"Creature" should be plural in the lines, "This gaol however, is not without escape, as my Mother once told me, men are stupid creature, driven by desire - give them nothing of your soul."

The word "hit" should be "it" in the line, "Her naked body, all eighteen years of hit hung heavy against the steel shackles."

It should be "they felt like nails" in the line, "His nails dug into the back of my head, the felt like nails dragging against cotton, flying against the fire, not lit, I looked into her eyes as he danced around our coffins."

Assuming you're still reading at this point and haven't just been annoyed by me, this really is a magnificent story. Excellent job, good sir.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Interesting slant to this tale. People are so fixated upon Drac that the 'Wives' are often forgotten about unless Hollywood wants a little T&A in a movie. Real nicely written with a grasp of the relationship that's sidelined so often. Cracking job Man.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Oh no! Not another vampire story! Well... okay this is an unusual take :) This write is chock full o' sensual imagery and this sentiment for the death of the undead is delightfully contradictory. I'm left somewhat confused about what actually killed (if that's the correct term) Dracula, though I sense that's yet another story. So, yes, even though this is a revamp on a vamp theme, I must say nicley written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you Jack!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Love it, very well written. Id like to read more about Mrs Dracula x


Posted 11 Years Ago


beautifully dark and haunting, I seem to use the word beautiful in all your work but it just fits it so well!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


good descriptions!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting take on the Dracula story. I'm glad you kept it with the kind of classic dignity of the old school dracula asthetic. Very readable and didn't get bogged down with too much flowery description. Nicely balanced. You did justice to the genre. Bravo!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


As a comment below noted very raw, serious editing needs to take place for the grammatical errors that are glaringly obvious. Unfortunately these errors made it difficult for me to truly get into this piece. There was definitely imagery and an emotional impact though. It was difficult for me to read in that aspect because of the abuse she suffered. It's a bit of a trigger for me. So I can't say I enjoyed this. But it definitely has merit. Just needs a good strong editing for grammatical context and sentence structure.

In all honesty, I found it a strong story, but I imagine you rushed to write this out to get the story out. I do hope once you have edited you invite me back to read. I would like to see the improvements.

Blessings, Tammy

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

805 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012
Tags: Vampires, Dracula, Woman.

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stuffed Stuffed

A Poem by Muse