Stuffed

Stuffed

A Poem by Muse
"

...some of the rich are one "hurricane Sandy" away from being an equal to the lower class." No food..no wine..no shelter. Let us give thanks.

"

 

 

((((((((STUFFED))))))))



Sitting next to the babe of sister Jane, is
a stomach, renting an apartment for two.
Uncle Bob and Brother Ted, are
there visiting from Kalamazoo.
And there's Grandma Edith, who
curses mostly in Swedish.
So much food and wine, one
ought to be squeamish.
Plates overloaded with turkey and butter rolls.
Whole-made stuffing, and green bean casserole. Napkins
everywhere. Wiping up the warm cranberry sauce.
All the while sits pretty Jill, who

quietly applies her pink lip gloss.

All of them....
Forgetting to say grace...
Forgetting to thank the Lord for their health, and warm fireplace.


FILL THEIR CUPS FULL OF WINE.
LET THEM LAUGH AND LET THEM DINE.
THEY WILL BLOAT, AND THEY WILL GLOAT.
SOME DAY...

THEY'LL RUN OUT OF FOOD.
LICKING THE CRUMBS OFF, THE

SOLE OF THEIR SHOES.
TO STAY ALIVE...

THEY WILL EAT THE CAT THAT SWALLOWED THE RAT.
ENOUGH CHOLESTEROL TO GIVE THEM ALL; A

FERKING HEART-ATTACK!

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Definition of Fercking: Bleep...

Tried to keep it g-rated. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There shall always be those who are never thankful for what they have and never see the suffering of others...
Amazes me how "poor" to some people is not affording a bottle of champagne and to others is literally is not eating...there is no balance and plenty of wealth in this world to share, sickens me!
Poignant darlin, well voiced and damn well needed ♥

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Now this is what we call creative writing...truly enjoyed this wonderful read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dye
I love the sense of humor that you incorporate into this. The way it was written is not only witty and funny, but a reminder to stop and be grateful what you have.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ahh don't you just love the imbalance or impotence of the human race..a bravo from me..

let me eat cake I say and choke on it.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ok... I've stopped rolling on the floor. The sadness of those who are never satisfied with, thankful for or respectful of their blessings is very real, though delivered in a much loved and favored Silverstein-ian(word? Is in my world) prose. I do not intend to make light of the emotional content for I felt it. Lived it. Amazing how someone can think themselves poor for not having some new technology while across the street a single dad can't afford diapers... But I cannot stop smiling because we all know these people. Some of us used to be these people and simply broke free to a prettier, kinder place. Some are never freed of this ignorance and I'll still laugh at them and shake my head. Wonderful piece. I'm sharing this with everyone I know. LOVE it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

we should make a play date...see who's kids are more deranged. lol
Muse

10 Years Ago

likewise Lucifer "Glenn" you are a beautiful soul too.
Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

-smiling- That would be awesome... You know, kindred spirits tend to congregate and connect... I sen.. read more
this reminds me of a film i saw long ago, whose name i can't remember but the last scene is a man eating so much in a really posh, ostentatious restaurant that he actually explodes. Greed taken to this soulless level is ugly. You did a great job of creating a feeling of aversion with this poem, as well of a slightly perverse sense of voyaristic fascination.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pól

10 Years Ago

Monty Python's "The meaning of life"?
Joiedevivre

10 Years Ago

ah yes! that's right:) good memory.. Mr Creosote, just found it on youtube!
:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm. Same as what made "Hunger Games" so darned disturbing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mic
The feeding. How odd this seems when viewed as is. Add a few grunts and growls (ex-sister-in-law) and I'd feel right at home for the holidays. lol.

Always awed with your presentation, Muse. You never disappoint. Very well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2212 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Thanksgiving, humor, macabre, life, prayer, family, holidays, poem, poetry, writing, Muse, writerscafe, turkey, food, gluttony


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse