Who I Am

Who I Am

A Chapter by Olive Belikov

Jinney

Do you happen to know what it feels like to not have total and complete control of your mind?
No, I don’t suppose you do. But I can tell you, it’s hell.
It feels like your sharing yourself with someone else and in a way, you are. Sometimes they just take over, making choices for you, saying things you wouldn’t. To the outside world it’s hardly noticeable; people I’ve grown up with just take it as a change in mood, their used to it. So am I, I guess.
They say I’m a shy, quiet girl, but when I get going, I can bring the whole party home. None of them realize its two different people their talking to.
The thing is: the girl everyone finds hilarious, the girl who does crazy things without care of what others say, and the girl who can meet someone new and instantly be friends - is not me. Not me at all.
I am Jinney, the quiet red haired girl who writes poetry and listens to the oldies country station. The only people I’m not nervous around are the friends I’ve known forever. I love taking walks in the woods. And I like doing dangerous things because personally, I wouldn’t care if something went wrong and I ended up with a toe tag. Because it would mean I would no longer have to share my body.
If I were dead, I’d finally be alone.
I’d be rid of him; of the boy who is part of me but different all together.
Sam




Sam

Glimpses, wisps, whispers... that’s all I get. Only when I push and pull at the string that faintly attaches me to the real world, do I get a taste life. But it’s only a lick, not the mouth full I so often crave.
I can feel it, the presence that pushes me back. The thing that’s taking my place. I should be the one in control, not her.
She disgusts me, doesn’t even use her life. The only excitement I ever feel coming from her is when she’s about to do something stupid.
I can feel that the danger is directed at me, I can feel how she hates me.
She created me, and now she hates me.
Which makes me hate her all the more.


© 2012 Olive Belikov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a bit chilling......wow..

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow nice word choices well done

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012


Author

Olive Belikov
Olive Belikov

MT



About
I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a student, a young girl, and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving and .. more..

Writing