Stand up and Fall

Stand up and Fall

A Chapter by Olive Belikov

Jinney

Three years ago. That’s when he first showed up.
I guess I just wanted so bad for myself to be able to stand up to my dad, that I created a new me that could.
My dad - that abusive drunken a*****e of a man needs to go kill himself - no. I’m letting myself slip, letting Sam think. I can’t allow that.
But, his words are true. When it was just me, I would crack so easily under the pressure of abuse and neglect. The tears of a little girl bringing on another round of his whole hearted hate.
So I began to picture a different girl taking the hits, I tried to blank out my mind when it was happening. A tougher girl, more capable of holding back the tears. A girl who could show the outside world that everything was all right. And most importantly,

A girl who could stand up to her father.




Jinney

The first time it happened was so strange, yet oddly peaceful.
At first I was there, in my body, taking the hits and feeling the pain. And then I was floating, all the hurt gone.
To be honest, I thought I was dead.
Below me I could see a small, frail girl. Her body skinny and bruised, the body I knew had taken far to many hits than a 13 year old girls’ should.
But there was a key difference; her eyes. Eyes that once held fear and sadness, betrayal and secrets, were gone. Of course, they were the same round shape, the same grayish blue, but behind them I could see fierceness and hate. A look that said she wanted to fight instead of cower.
I knew then that I was not dead.  But instead, that I was watching me as someone else.

I couldn't feel it as I saw a ringed hand go up and come back down across the girl's face. I couldn't hear the thoughts running through the girls mind; even though she was me.

What supprised me most was when she - I - got up and ran. That was something I had never done, never even thought of. As the girl ran from the room and out the broken screen door of my small green house, I felt myself being pulled along. Gliding easily through walls and out into open air.

Fallowing her as she ran. Ran. And ran some more.

It was only later, when she finally stoped running. Collapsing under an old bridge, that I was drawn closer to her.

Like the girl who controlled my body then was giving up and letting me back in.

 

I woke up a few minutes later to find myself sleeping under the bridge. Back in my body. I was me again.

 

 



© 2012 Olive Belikov


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice additions to the story from Ch 1. This really adds to the intensity and the grittiness of this drama.....

I am getting the chills a bit here in reading this....

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really loved this, it is amazing. I can't wait to read more and to find out what happens with Sam.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 16, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2012


Author

Olive Belikov
Olive Belikov

MT



About
I am a daughter, a sister, a grand-daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend. I am a partner, a student, a young girl, and a grown woman. I am confident and scared, terrified and excited. I am loving and .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..