Reflection

Reflection

A Poem by kurohana
"

How a past can strongly affect what is ahead.

"

REFLECTION

Lying in bed, staring at the ceiling as the sound of the rain hit my ears. Curling to the side of the bed and grabbing the blanket up to my neck to warm my cold body. 

Tick tock tick tock as the sound of my clock ticking, I looked at the clock and saw that it’s only 4 in the morning. It’s still too early I said, as I close my eyes hoping to get some sleep. 

 The rain already stops and yet I am still fully awake. Decided that I won’t be able to sleep, I roll out and leave the comfort of my bed.

I stand in front of the mirror and carefully looked at my reflection. “Who are you?” I whisper to myself realizing that I can no longer recognize the reflection staring back at me.

I am no longer who I used to be. I am now a remnant of my past. 

Once full of happiness and joy, is now filled with sadness, fear and insecurities. Eyes that used to radiate cheerfulness now only shows dull and bore emptiness. 

I asked myself “What have I become? Is this what I want? Will I let my past consume me further and destroy what little I have?”

Tick tock tick tock, time is ticking and doesn’t wait for no one. 

I closed my eyes firmly as I covered my ears and let myself drown with my own thoughts. 

BAM! No! I won’t let it ruin me! 

Standing confidently, again looking at my reflection. This time I recognize the reflection I am looking at.

Hopelessness and fear are now reflecting determination and courage to move forward. Leaving behind the abyss where I used to live.

A step outside, welcoming the cold breeze that kisses my skin and breathing deeply. A new life, a new beginning is what I’m after. 

Moving my feet one step at a time as I gain my momentum and started to jog, a little more and I’m running. Running for tomorrow and leaving behind whatever should be left from the beginning.

© 2016 kurohana


Author's Note

kurohana
Kindly give reviews. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This piece really resonated with me, beautifully worded and weaved with pure emotion and feeling. A brilliant style of writing and I wish you a wonderful confident and happy future :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kurohana

6 Years Ago

Hello! thank you:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2016
Last Updated on August 21, 2016
Tags: poem, reflection, move forward, future, past

Author

kurohana
kurohana

Philippines



About
A quiet person who usually wrote whenever I'm in the mood. more..

Writing
High High

A Poem by kurohana


BLIND BLIND

A Poem by kurohana


Whispers Whispers

A Poem by kurohana