Forsaken

Forsaken

A Poem by Tai Ryens

Lengthy were the nights subsequent

to the days of your absence,

for the planet I once was, depended

on the light of your presence.

 

Shall I await the day

we are once again lovers?

Or hast thou forgotten me

to lust for another?

 

Phantoms of your embracing arms linger as

haunting memories of departed bliss,

tell me, oh, tell me; when did

your sleeves alter into a noose?

© 2014 Tai Ryens


Author's Note

Tai Ryens
This didn't quite come out as expected . . . Nonetheless, I do hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haunting.

I really like the metaphor you pull off in the first stanza. People often throw around the saying about someone being "your whole world", but I think the one you just wrote is better. It has something more...elegant to it. The narrator has become a planet barren and cold, dying without the light of its sun, everything within it inevitably perishing. Very grim and adequately describing a broken heart.

The last stanza though was beautiful in what it said. "Phantoms of embracing arms linger", is perfect. Like an amputated limb, so much apart of you that you still feel it, even though it isn't there anymore. The pain in this piece is...exquisite.

Well done my friend. A very, very emotional write.

-Caradoc

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Caradoc! You were missed, friend. I'm glad you find content in my work, it means a lot.
Caradoc

10 Years Ago

This piece...pretty much sums up my life right about now.
Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

And likewise, dear friend.



Reviews

the image of shadows of arms winding into a noose against the light on a wall break into mind.. great word choice here, it's hard not be sound cliche sometimes with romantic writes, but this works. It really does! I would refrain from the rhetorical question at the end though, it might be softer without!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Ah, thank you, Willow, for your thoughts. Means a lot to have you drop by!
This is very clever in the word choice and the message. I especially like that it a question asked as if one hand is on your hip and you are saying so is this the way it is going to be? Then you said - to hell with you! haha.....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

A pleasure it was to see my poem through your perspective, thank you.
That was weird, but in a good way. Your writing style reminds me of my own in a way... This sounds way too cheesy and stupid. Sorry. I mean to say, I like it even if, including the way in which it gives me the chills.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Ah, thank you for the kind words, Mysana. I understand the feelings quite fine and I suppose I'll s.. read more
Mysana

9 Years Ago

The earlier works are more dark but less good, the one I think that I think is my current best dark .. read more
My only advice here would be to add a comma between was and depended in the first stanza, for clarity's sake. I had to reread the line, and not for the right reasons; so it threw off the rhythm, at least for me. That aside, I enjoyed this, and particularly loved the last stanza. It really stood out; the image of what was once an embrace turning into the source of demise. A solid write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

To think- nearly two years and I've neglected such a minor grammatical error! How uneventfully trag.. read more
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

hah, uneventfully tragic seems the perfect words for such an uneventful grammatical error. :P
Really good! Most poems i read here written inthe older style are pretentious anddont come across the way i think they need to. But you managed to put together a very nice piece. I think if you played around a little with the ending it could have alot more impact and flow. not sure if that whatyou meant by it didnt turn out how you expected. Overall it was cohesive and i love the planet and sunlight analogy. Those striking and powerfulness of the piece can be judged just in just those two lines alone. good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

The ending was the part that I had trouble with, hence the "not expected", aha. Thanks!
Oh, the trials and tribulations of lost love 'when did your sleeves alter into a noose.' Remember the saying 'It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all!'

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

'Tis true, thanks muchlly for reviewing
"When did your sleeves alter into a noose" Haunting and brilliant. I loved this piece. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Awakened Rose! Glad you stopped by
I know the pain and it will always echo and linger. At some point, though, we accept and grow from it. Life goes on and slowly, the noose loosens and dissipates into a new dawn for one's awakening.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Time shrinks all things, pain, memories, and happiness alike. Thank you, Rachelle.
I really liked this piece. Nice flow. Beautifuly penned

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Voice!
Indeed the thought of waiting and wondering are never far from ones mind, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Thomas Fitzgerald.
Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Your welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4591 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2014

Author

Tai Ryens
Tai Ryens

Bay Area, CA



About
I must start that I am not as active as I should be on this site, though I do tend to drop by every now and then and review what I can from friends and those whose works I enjoy. Currently, I am dippi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Belief Belief

A Poem by Baby Ricochet