Forsaken

Forsaken

A Poem by Tai Ryens

Lengthy were the nights subsequent

to the days of your absence,

for the planet I once was, depended

on the light of your presence.

 

Shall I await the day

we are once again lovers?

Or hast thou forgotten me

to lust for another?

 

Phantoms of your embracing arms linger as

haunting memories of departed bliss,

tell me, oh, tell me; when did

your sleeves alter into a noose?

© 2014 Tai Ryens


Author's Note

Tai Ryens
This didn't quite come out as expected . . . Nonetheless, I do hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haunting.

I really like the metaphor you pull off in the first stanza. People often throw around the saying about someone being "your whole world", but I think the one you just wrote is better. It has something more...elegant to it. The narrator has become a planet barren and cold, dying without the light of its sun, everything within it inevitably perishing. Very grim and adequately describing a broken heart.

The last stanza though was beautiful in what it said. "Phantoms of embracing arms linger", is perfect. Like an amputated limb, so much apart of you that you still feel it, even though it isn't there anymore. The pain in this piece is...exquisite.

Well done my friend. A very, very emotional write.

-Caradoc

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Caradoc! You were missed, friend. I'm glad you find content in my work, it means a lot.
Caradoc

10 Years Ago

This piece...pretty much sums up my life right about now.
Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

And likewise, dear friend.



Reviews

Ah heartbreak...What terrible woes do weigh upon the shoulders of our ghosts. I must wholeheartedly agree with Caradoc. The metaphor you applied in the first stanza is remarkable. You broke the mold of cliche and made it your own while still grasping to the commonly understood notion. It portrays a very bleak existence; one of death; one of forgotten moments; one filled with lingering whispers. The poem as a whole breaks my heart because is echoes of lost love of which I can easily relate. I find your skill to be inspiring. You allowed yourself three stanzas to depict loss, agony and regret - three encompassing aspects of heartbreak. It felt personal and raw and awash with emotions, but it was penned in such a manner that I am easily capable of applying its essence to my own past love affairs. Eloquently penned.

-Q

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

I'm truly flattered by such a charming review, I thank you kindly, Quirklet. I still remain unsatis.. read more
She sounds like a bit of a controler. So glad you realized. Honesty and humbleness cover this poem. I enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

I thnak you kindly.
that ending! wow... it's a gutpunch image, and i love it!. as well as your tone - usually i'm put off with classical language - but only in that so many others use it so heavyhandedly! this is light, delicate.. i like!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

I do agree with the fact most writers often overplay with archaic words in an attempt to sound poeti.. read more
This is perhaps a bit morbid, but I enjoyed it all the same. The imagery in this piece is stunning, you have truly captured the darkness of forsaken love. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughts.
Wow, I love it! Especially the dark twist at the end.
Well done! I'm not sure what else to say. ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughts.
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Eh, I'm sorry there weren't more to share. ^^
Longing for the return of your lover, this is a thought provoking piece which is nicely written too.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bittersweet. A lost love is hard to get over...well written

Posted 10 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading your words...really loved the first two stanza's especially...Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's still got Tai flair though. Good one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Thanks.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4591 Views
78 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on July 11, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2014

Author

Tai Ryens
Tai Ryens

Bay Area, CA



About
I must start that I am not as active as I should be on this site, though I do tend to drop by every now and then and review what I can from friends and those whose works I enjoy. Currently, I am dippi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..