Dearly Beloved, It Ends Here Tonight

Dearly Beloved, It Ends Here Tonight

A Poem by Alana McGuire
"

finally letting go and puttig distance between you and the love who hurts you the most

"
 I seek for you to allow yourself to be happy. You fail to do so. I understand you are hurting and fractured underneath, but you have yet to test my advice in which you so often seek.

 

            I believe you truly have not a clue of how much this troubles me, how much it pains me to see you, my dearly beloved, in such a miserable state, along with the feelings that I have failed to bring you happiness. I, as your closest friend, have apparently failed you, failed to show you the light of truth. Pathetic, I am quite aware, yet I cannot seem to bring forgiveness from myself for my failures of coming short of bringing you joy. Genuine, true, clearly etched upon your face, joy.

 

             You are beckoning me in and I am falling victim to your misery. If you fall Love, I would not, for one short moment, dream of releasing your hand. For I would surely collapse as well. I, yself, cannot soundly sleep nor peacefully rest within myself until you have done so first. Then I may be free to echo and follow you back into the light in which I so often pray you have not forgotten.

 

            Oh Darling, how I miss the twilight that was so common on your face, forming your face and taking mold to create such remarkable, breathtaking features, from your eyes that were once so desirable. How I long for them to fall upon mine, in the same way in which was once so customary. As if holding me in your view would stop the pain, stop the agony and suffering.

 

            Oh but that would be much too desirable, too unrealistic, a dream far beyond this consistent reality. I would surely bare witness of snow crystallizing the dust of the heated ground in the midst of July before you would come back and join me. To reassure me, to reunite us.

 

           Although, in the depth of my being, I am fully aware that I must put more distance between us. I must build my defense in order to build back my happiness and break through this despair.

 

            Oh Darling, please do not dare think that I have chosen to abandon you; I could never. I have chosen to free myself of my constant ache and restless mind of worrying.

 

            Please allow yourself to feel my pain through this letter, for I have been breaking myself for you. Know that I have always, and shall always love you. You truly are my addiction. I must not break you, but simply learn to heal my wounds and slowly detach myself from this deathly grip. It pains me sharply to say so, but I am sure, that this, this is best.

            Though Darling, I am, Yours, Always.

© 2012 Alana McGuire


Author's Note

Alana McGuire
Reviews are always welcomed! But please don't tell me to shorten it. I can't. Hahah :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was so beautiful Alana..I marvel at how honestly you have written this..only one who has gone through the complete agony of letting one go can write this...coz only he / she can relate and understand the immense pain it involves...you love and yet you have to detach , because only then you can relieve yourself from the frequent hurt and pain, from the incessant restlessness and ache...These lines made it crystal clear why you had to let go- "Oh but that would be much too desirable, too unrealistic, a dream far beyond this consistent reality. I would surely bare witness of snow crystallizing the dust of the heated ground in the midst of July before you would come back and join me. To reassure me, to reunite us"...very very beautiful dear :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


This is another deep expressive poem. Its gonna be hard for me to review you... You render me speechless when I read it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well your descriptions in this was really nice. Again your words are so nice in the way you write them... flowing nicely. I loved this line:
"Oh Darling, how I miss the twilight that was so common on your face, forming your face and taking mold to create such remarkable, breathtaking features, from your eyes that were once so desirable."
Beautiful line there !

Also enjoyed this part:
" Although, in the depth of my being, I am fully aware that I must put more distance between us. I must build my defense in order to build back my happiness and break through this despair.

Oh Darling, please do not dare think that I have chosen to abandon you; I could never. I have chosen to free myself of my constant ache and restless mind of worrying."

Couple of corrections:
putting
"finally letting go and puttig distance between you and the love who hurts you the most "

myself
"I, yself, cannot soundly sleep nor peacefully rest within myself until you have done so first. "


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2012
Tags: letting go, moving on, love, lost love

Author

Alana McGuire
Alana McGuire

About
Hello! My name is Alana, and I'm really glad you're on my profile. I love chatting, so send me a message anytime! I also love reading new poetry, so feel free to add me and we can share our words.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Polaris Polaris

A Story by Alana McGuire


Tags Tags

A Poem by Jane Doe