Bjorn's dreams

Bjorn's dreams

A Story by Valkyrie Warrior
"

For a contest

"

 

It was a stormy day. Alva watched the rain run off his roof, a solid sheet of water, like a falling blade from God. Alva watched, a frown settled on his beautiful face, as across the street his best friend Bjorn was thrown from his house into the rain. Bjorn righted himself in the mud and rose, wiping mud from his pale face. He saw Alva looking and smiled before hurrying over, his head bent against the rain. By the time he reached Alva's door, which was only across the road, the rain had washed the mud clean from his body and clothes.

"You looked like a drowned rat" Alva remarked, stepping back to let the shivering Bjorn into his home. "Did your parents throw you out again?" Alva asked, a hint of pity in his voice as Bjorn settled himself by the fire. "They see my every flaw as a personal insult" Bjorn grumbled, "I swear as soon as I am 18 I will be gone from their home, gone faster than a demon from hell flees the cross".

Alva chuckled and hand Bjorn a bowl of soup from the pot that had been warming on the fire. "Yes, " said Bjorn, after a few spoonful's of soup, "I will go and never look back".

The village in which Alva and Bjorn lived was an assortment of thatched houses and a single shop called Alfas Emporium, which sold whatever food the people didn't grow themselves and a few small ornaments that were full of cracks.

"What will you do when you leave?" Alva asked, sitting down next to his friend. Alva knew very well what Bjorn planed to do, but it brought joy to his friend to discuss living and Alva hated seeing him miserable. As Alva had expected Bjorn's eyes lit up. "I will join the King's service and sail around the world". "And what will you do when you settle down?" Alva asked, he knew the answer already. "I will marry a beautiful woman and have 10 sons" Bjorn finished.

Alva chuckled into his soup

"Good luck Bjorn, good luck"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

winner

Apr 29, 2015


 

© 2015 Valkyrie Warrior


Author's Note

Valkyrie Warrior
For the Use These Words contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the use of "gone faster than a demon from hell flees the cross".
Really well written !
Thumbs Up:D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Thank you, it was for a contest
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: story

Author

Valkyrie Warrior
Valkyrie Warrior

Vallhallah , My mind



About
Hello again I have decided to return to this community for real this time. Sorry to all those who sent me read requests, I am getting on to those as you read this :) more..

Writing