Sad Love

Sad Love

A Poem by Maria Tughu

The moon spits fire,
Lotuses droop
And loaded with fragrance
Mingle in sad love.

Why do you sing
Your love-provoking song?

My lover is not here
And yet the god of love
Schemes on and on.
You do not know the meaning of ‘tomorrow.’

You are in love,
So is your lover,
And your two banks
Are brimming with the flood.

My lover left and I would die
Than wait still longer
For his loved return.

The fragrance of flowers
Enters the city,
Bees sing,
The moon and night enchant,
Yet all are enemies. 


© 2016 Maria Tughu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh the language of love and lovers gone astray- hopefully will return one day- true love always finds a way- beautiful 🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


Now this ine is truly amazing, I enjoyed this one.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
It is nice piece filled with sadness and true emotion. It also reflects your honesty. enjoying it... Thanks for sharing....

Best
Szhzia

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Hi, szhzia.

Thank you for reading! I love you enjoyed it. :-)
This perfectly describes a low for the narrator for losing the one they love. When that lose happens, everything seems to go dim. It's a very picturesque poem that has a contrast between light and dark moods. The last paragraph is the one that is my favorite part of the poem for its striking words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
We can not blame the moon. After all, the sun also rises...nights may grow long but days often drift in doldrums unnoticed as well. It is not the abscence of love that saddens but the abscence of the lover. Men and women are all alike; chasing after a thing that reveals not itself in mortal form. Desire is there, certain enough. But love, love is more fleet than Cupid's speeding arrow.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
Sadness and deepness of emotions run throughout your commendable work. This brings out and highlights your true love for the person who has left. Your vivid imagery- like "the moon spits fire"- adds to the emotion and embeds your poem deep into the imagination of a person. "My lover is not here And yet the God of love schemes on and on"- this is a very sad line, which itself speaks for the whole tale. Keep writing, friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
This is SUPERB. Its creative and very profound. The starting lines are draped with imagery making the poem attractive. You've beautifully established the element of sadness. The lines flow well.

''The moon spits fire,
Lotuses droop
And loaded with fragrance
Mingle in sad love.''---these lines paint a vivid impression on the reader. Very nice.

''The fragrance of flowers
Enters the city,
Bees sing,
The moon and night enchant,
Yet all are enemies. ''---simply AMAZING!

Great work girl! Keep it up.



Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!
Hi, Maria!
it's just Richard, come to welcome and look-in on you. : )

It is said there can be a certain element of beauty in sadness, and you've most definitely made that comment ring true with the caress of this smooth-flowing verse of sheer passionate yearning.

Whom that has ever felt the pangs of a loved-one's absence will not relate to the vivid reality you've posed so faithfully upon the canvas of our minds and emotions? I cannot answer that, because it surely is not me.

Even in the throes of love's pressing ache, you've reached deep within to bless the moment by blending human sensations with Nature's wondrous powers, embracing your readers into your heartache.
Yes, Maria, one's lover may be gone, but desires and needs still linger-on!

Masterfully penned and appealingly presented, with pictures that equally represent the ambiance of your splendid Free Verse composition, I love it, even though I brimmed from the tender touch of sadness in my heart … big hug of thanks, Maria! ⁓ Richard


PS … thank you so much for the Friendship request! : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and your kind review!
Richard🖌

7 Years Ago

Oh, what the heck!
This is very excellent poetry . . . but since I just read the other poem you have posted, my attitude is tainted by what I'm understanding this situation to be for the woman narrator (unpleasant & unfair). I love the way you suggest that other couples enjoying the fullness of love & romance feels like a painful affront to the woman narrator dwindling in love's absence. This is a very intensely-stated and relatable sentiment. I've felt the same way about many things, such as people who have children, when I couldn't have any. It's hard to be happy for them. You've made this feeling very palpable in your words.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Maria Tughu

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2016
Last Updated on May 12, 2016

Author

Maria Tughu
Maria Tughu

Istambul, Turkey



About
I am a girl of 25 year girl old from Turkey. I love to read and write romantic poetry. I much like to write on love relationship and life. You are most welcome to my poetic world. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Take Me ~ Take Me ~

A Poem by Susan 🦋