Desperation for Love

Desperation for Love

A Poem by Huggy Bear
"

I want a girl I do not like being alone It brings a longing that hurts at times As long as I remembered I wanted to be loved

"
I want a girl
I do not like being alone
It brings a longing that hurts at times
As long as I remembered I wanted to be loved

I searched high and low
I gave my heart
I gave my soul to any girl I met
I was playing for keeps

The girls I met before were turned off by me
They tell me I am too mushy
I am too complicated
I am too nice
Yet they complain that their men are one dimensional
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT!!!!

So my search continues for my partner
When I do find that special someone
This girl will understand how I see the world
She will smile at my weirdness

I want a girl that loves speaking to me all day
My girl and I would have a battle of wits
She would enjoy playing video games with me
She will be willing to learn
Not allowing pride to get in the way of love

My girl would value the soul then greed
My lady will never get bored of me
Most importantly her love will equal my love
I want her to journey with me with no destination

My girl would be full of surprises
She would know what makes me happy
She would take care of my heart with love and care
My secrets would be kept safe by her
I want our moments to never end

© 2010 Huggy Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I’m going to tell you a secret.
When a girl says a guy is ‘too nice,’ it’s because she senses he is trying to manipulate her into falling in love with an artificial version of himself. One with overblown, exaggerated manners and servitude. It’s an effaced person, with no real soul or desires of its own. The same goes for girls that guys say are ‘really sweet, and super nice, but I’m just not attracted to her.’

The real issue is, you do not love yourself. You have already rejected yourself, and you’re hoping a girlfriend (or boyfriend) will give you value, and make you worthy of love. But it doesn’t work. It’s putting the horse before the cart.

Develop who you are. What interests you? Really? Develop a sense of taste that has nothing to do with the opinions of others. Develop your own style. Explore the world and get a list of favorites going that again has nothing to do with anyone else. Develop yourSELF. Then you will come to love who you uniquely are. And then someone else can truly love you, because there will be a real person you are presenting fearlessly to them. Take you or leave you.

Also a good idea to read Honoring the Self by Branden.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Barbra Walker, author of Feminist Fairytales (which is totally amazing by the way), was talking about how true love is "the only heaven that humans know to be obtainable." from that, ideals of our mate is born. I think this poem illustrates the ideal woman. As a woman myself, I was reading this going "pfft. what the heck?" But I thought about the ideal man and I stopped. I think it's the flaws, not the "perfections" that you will love in the end.
Interesting view. Poem-wise, the same as always. Just work on the format and the overall thing of the poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This makes me a little sad....It reminds me a lot of my dad. You want so desperatley to share your heart and soul with another yet you cannot seem to find them...it is not until you stop searching when the other half of your souls finds YOU :) That day will come for you my friend if it ha not yet and she will love everything about you..even your flaws. :o)

Posted 14 Years Ago


another great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such woman are few and rare. Woman are different kind of creatures. They change their mind like the sun and the moon. I like the description and the desire of the perfect woman. Love is hard work. Give and take. No perfect fit. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I feel the same way as you. Why can't people just accept people? Why can't they just see who we really are? Everyone could get along if we just tried. I wish you the best of luck as I too search for myy other half. Great job, hun.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

854 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010
Tags: Desperation, Love

Author

Huggy Bear
Huggy Bear

Astoria, NY



About
- I have such an innocence and purity that not a lot of people have - Have a heart that most people can only fake - My heart has led me to some dark regions of life. - My heart has also led me to s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Huggy Bear