Never Leave Me

Never Leave Me

A Story by Tonya (the Night Writer)
"

A traditional Tonya flash fiction

"

 

A month after their first date, Mark said “I love you.”
            Angel said, “I love you too. Never leave me.”
            “I won’t ever leave you,” he promised.
 
            He finally convinced her to give all she had left to offer. Afterwards she had a tear in her eye. “Never leave me,” she said.
            “I won’t ever leave you,” he promised.
 
            The months passed and Angel feared Mark was losing interest in her. She saw him glancing at girls she thought were prettier than her. She put the pills in her mouth in front of him when they got ready for bed, but she spit them out when she brushed her teeth.
            “It’s one of those things that happens sometimes,” the doctor said.
            “I can’t do this by myself,” Angel told Mark. “Never leave me,” she begged.
            “I won’t ever leave you,” he promised.
 
            Angel put Mark Junior to bed one night.
            “I’m going out with the guys,” Mark told her. But Angel had seen the text message from Jessica asking him to meet her later.
           
            Mark was laying on the bed. Angel leaned over to give his cold cheek a kiss. “Never leave me,” she said. Mark did not answer, or even blink. But he was never going to leave her.

© 2008 Tonya (the Night Writer)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is almost eerie. Wonderful job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chilling. Definitely a one-sided kind of love there. I loved that you accomplished so much in so few words.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was very chilling- i loved that it was very straight to the point- no frilly pretty desricptions. good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good. Nice reading and thank you for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Utterly awesome. A bit karmic as well. You can't trap a man....like a bear, eventually he'll just gnaw at his ankle until he breaks free from the trap. Or, you know, he'll perish. : ) This was so great, I truly have not read such a short masterpiece before. Bravo!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2008

Author

Tonya (the Night Writer)
Tonya (the Night Writer)

"I wanna be like Mother Teresa--but hotter", VA



About
first off--buy my book! visit my nursing blog on advanceweb.com---comments always appreciated: http://community.advanceweb.com/bloggroups/41/Home.aspx Update--it's such a good feel.. more..

Writing