Angel of Darkness

Angel of Darkness

A Poem by revalatia
"

A little something from my youth

"
The scorching flames upon my back, 
hands are bleeding, dry and cracked. 
The burning glow of satan's face, 
takes me to a darker place, 
where demons live and devils grow, 
A place where i have died to know. 
The scorching flames turn into wings, 
I pledge my soul to fallen kings.. 
My bleeding hands ignite your fear, 
my only duty is to bring you here. 
The years in life you made me lose, 
is why i've come to conquer you. 
I'll die and rot inside your mind, 
your mortal fate will be declined. 
I'm here to bring you down with me, 
eye for an eye in death for thee. 
To burn and swell in immortal hell 
consuming time within fate's cell 
because all you've done and all you've said
is the reason WE are truely dead. 

© 2016 revalatia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Besides a spelling mistake and some grammar this piece is great, It's the genre of poems I love to read the most. I look forward to reading more of your stuff this was great. I've been working on a series of Dark Poems related to a 15year old Girl who has been possessed. I'm almost done with part 4 and 5 if you'd like to check it out maybe we could work on a series together about something horrifically deviant in the future. :) Great Write, a true fan.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

revalatia

11 Years Ago

Heck yeah.. i'll totally check that out.. collaboration would be a fun little project me thinks ;)



Reviews

Powerful piece... filled with so much emotion... I loved it.

Again small grammatical error, but if you were interested; you wrote "truley" instead of "truly". fantastic piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I must say your rhyme is quite awesome and held all the way to the end. I understood the poem quite well I have seen many things from dear friends. I think we all experienced the demons inside and were taken to a darker place. It is quite scary I know I seen it myself. Overall I was very pleased with your poem:)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very POEtic, if you don't mind me saying so :)
This has a very even beat to it, like with the Vincent price voiceover I told you about in another review comment, wouldn't be out of place hearing this with his voice, like he done so superbly throughout his acting career, but none more so than the thriller video. Maybe you should try spoken word :)
Excellent write, very dark and oozing darkness.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This piece is very interesting, I love the flow you gave it, the rhyming rhythm worked almost perfectly. Creative job forming a voice within this write, you truly penned something dark and captivating all the same. Excellent write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is phenomenal. I love the theme and flow and the formatting is appropriate and flows well. I say its pretty spectacular.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vivid and dark. Good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


the approach needs to be given a thought....
but the concept is an appreciated one!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm still a huge fan of gothic and dark imagining. This was great - straightforward, raw, and unforgiving. Very good work. Other people mentioned the spelling (apon should be upon; soul duty should be sole duty, etc), but otherwise this is a great piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
revalatia

11 Years Ago

thank you!.. yeah everyone says that.. i meant.. "my soul's duty.." but whatevers.. too lazy to edit.. read more
like the heart here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Grammar and spelling aside, this poem flows brilliantly and the rhyming is clever. The imagery is also intense and raw. Very good!

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

925 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on January 2, 2016

Author

revalatia
revalatia

Azusa, CA



About
Thoughts in motion..words spiraling inside me.. more to come.................................later....In the meantime.. My own moment of clarity.. was realizing repeating the same mistakes over and ov.. more..

Writing
Beeware.. Beeware..

A Poem by revalatia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Narnia Narnia

A Poem by Pól