Beeware..

Beeware..

A Poem by revalatia

Is there no one alive 
who survived from my hive?

I wait here deprived 
for my kind to arrive.

It seems that these reapers,
disguised as beekeepers

have poisoned the comb,
which I once called a home

contained and enslaved, as we're making the honey
that fatten man's wallet, when traded for money.

The factory vanished, our workers unseen
no buzzing about, not a sign of our queen

Alarm has begun, the plot's gotten much deeper
why relocate the colony, when a pesticide's cheaper?

© 2018 revalatia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well rhymed comment on the dwindling number of the world's bees. Hopefully the trend will be reversed.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Bees like people can be replaced or relocated to a nice cheap country.
Actually, nothing really changes.
Big business really does run the world.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Great rhythm and rhyme, such a smooth read and I also loved the subject matter and the strong message conveyed. Thank you. First one of yours I have read on here.

Posted 6 Years Ago


revalatia

6 Years Ago

thank you for muchly for reviewing :) looking forward to reading some of yours as well
Chris Shaw

6 Years Ago

Pleased to meet you.
This is so beautifully done, and the first time I read it I was amazed at its utter charm. Looking at it again it reminds me of what I've been reading about bees--that because of cell phone towers they're losing their natural instincts, and farmers have to import them in order to pollinate their fruit trees and other crops. So now it seems to have another meaning below what I got in my initial reading.

Posted 6 Years Ago


revalatia

6 Years Ago

thank you very much for reviewing this piece I am glad you enjoyed it. .. yes ..multiple meanings in.. read more
I love the writing of this. It is different to all the other works we read on here, and it is refreshing to have something like this. There is a very real message hidden in these words, our treatment of bees just to obtain their produce of honey. I also love the pun in the title! Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I always appreciate a poem that artfully sticks to it's theme.

It's very easy to be either one dimensional with blinders on or to be aimless, too inclusive and contradictory because of it. I think you have avoided those things quite nicely with this one.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Alone in the comb. Would be bad place to be. You told a story in the poem.
"contained and enslaved, as we're making the honey
that fatten man's wallet, when traded for money."
Money left the comb empty and I liked the question at the end. Thank you Revalatia for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


deep message, dude. keen observation on what's going on in our society.

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is an amazingly crafted bit of absurdity (if you don't mind such categorization). It paints a sufficient picture that allows for interpretation, and the ending has a weird twist of humour. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 24, 2018
Last Updated on February 3, 2018

Author

revalatia
revalatia

Azusa, CA



About
Thoughts in motion..words spiraling inside me.. more to come.................................later....In the meantime.. My own moment of clarity.. was realizing repeating the same mistakes over and ov.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..